View attachments in shared notes

How do I ensure that each attachment I add that's in PDF format can be instantly seen the same way as Jpegs can?  

Or is there an easy way to convert & save images at a reduced size (I use Adobe suit but doing things via photoshop image reduction is far too time consuming!)

I am on the free version & I am trying to use Evernote as a way to share Fitness Assessment results but people cannot see the PDF's and some Android users are prompted to download an extra app to view the PDF but that, then, does not either!

I previously added them as Jpegs but they take up far too much space that way, any suggestions please??

• Level 5*

Some operating systems do not come with in-built PDF viewing capabilities; Windows and Android, for starters. For users with those device types, they will need to download an external PDF viewer application. Is it really necessary to use PDF or JPG? Does the report contain images? Perhaps you could generate HTML instead, and work from there.

• Level 5*

If you have any personal or medical information in your fitness assessments you might want to review the process - sharing via open PDF and JPG doesn't provide much security cover...

I'm not really appreciating the hostile sarcastic tone of your responses. If you can't help then don't respond! I don't know what on earth your talking about Evernote Plant…'dictate'?? No need to go off on different tangents people!

I'm asking how to either reduce a file size or how to make attachments visible in Evernote!!

• Level 5*

How do I ensure that each attachment I add that's in PDF format can be instantly seen the same way as Jpegs can?  

Or is there an easy way to convert & save images at a reduced size (I use Adobe suit but doing things via photoshop image reduction is far too time consuming!)

I am on the free version & I am trying to use Evernote as a way to share Fitness Assessment results but people cannot see the PDF's and some Android users are prompted to download an extra app to view the PDF but that, then, does not either!

I previously added them as Jpegs but they take up far too much space that way, any suggestions please??

If you have Adobe Acrobat (or other 3rd party PDF tools), you can greatly reduce the PDF file size by choosing either:

1. Reduced File Size PDF
  2. Optimized PDF

However, the reduction in image resolution may not be acceptable to you.  You will need to conduct some tests.

If you can, have the PDF of the Fitness report created directly from the app that produced the report, maybe even by just printing to a "PDF Printer".  This text-based PDF will be MUCH smaller than if you scan in the paper copy, and the clarity/resolution will be MUCH better.

AFAIK, All attachments to EN Notes should be visible on shared notes as soon as you and the recipient have both sync'd.

While the Mac has a great built-in PDF viewer (Preview.app) you may need to install PDF viewers (Adobe offers a free Reader) on other computer and devices.  So you could do a little research and include links to PDF readers in your shared Note.

However, you can view the PDF inline with the Note on Mac and iOS devices, and I think on Windows.  Not sure about Android.

But you do have to first download the PDF in mobile devices (but it stays in Evernote).

Good luck.

• Level 5*

I'm not really appreciating the hostile sarcastic tone of your responses. If you can't help then don't respond! I don't know what on earth your talking about Evernote Plant…'dictate'?? No need to go off on different tangents people!

I'm asking how to either reduce a file size or how to make attachments visible in Evernote!!

Whoa there, buckaroo -- I'm not being hostile or sarcastic towards you in the least. I'm telling you what's available on some platforms that your clients may be using, and what's not -- whatever you provide may need to be accommodated on your clients end by them downloading an app to handle the attachment, Evernote may or may not have native abilities to show all attachment types, like PDF. But PDF viewers are pretty common, so I'd figure you'd be pretty safe there. Even so, it's just information for you...

Archived