Creating a voice-to-talk note for a reading session

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in having a note open and using a voice command to activate voice-to-text. I hate losing my place or train of tought when I'm reading a complex paper so I'd like a way to create a note, let's say "Research Paper 1" that I leave open while I'm reading. When something comes to mind that I want to make a note about I can give a voice command "annotate" followed by my voice-to-text input. This way, I can go through the paper and leave a couple voice notes then do some manual correction before I close that note and start on the next research paper.

If anyone knows if this type of functionality exists, I'd be interested to learn. If this kind of functionality doesn't exist I'd probably be able to make it and would be interested in ideas (I'm a novice programmer so I'd have to learn a bit about how to do it for android).

Specs: I use a Samsung S4 running Android.

• Level 5*

Hi - AFAIK Android has it's own VTT / STT already built in - I can voice-command my S3;  and Evernote already has voice notes.  It should be possible - I think - to start a new voice note and have Evernote save your text,  though not quite as easily as you outline.  I don't know of any software that might do this more easily in Android,  though there may be options out there...

• Level 5*

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in having a note open and using a voice command to activate voice-to-text. I hate losing my place or train of tought when I'm reading a complex paper so I'd like a way to create a note, let's say "Research Paper 1" that I leave open while I'm reading. When something comes to mind that I want to make a note about I can give a voice command "annotate" followed by my voice-to-text input. This way, I can go through the paper and leave a couple voice notes then do some manual correction before I close that note and start on the next research paper.

If anyone knows if this type of functionality exists, I'd be interested to learn. If this kind of functionality doesn't exist I'd probably be able to make it and would be interested in ideas (I'm a novice programmer so I'd have to learn a bit about how to do it for android).

Specs: I use a Samsung S4 running Android.

I don't know if they have an Android app, but Dragon - Dragon NaturallySpeaking is very well known for providing speech-to-text functionality.  For other choices you might google just that, "speech to text"

Also, as a guess, if the Android has the iOS speech-to-text feature, there might be a mic on the keyboard that you can tap to enter brief statements by voice into any text field that you would otherwise be typing.

Archived