Unable to create a Notebook Stack

KCav

I clicked on Notebook Stack in the Sidebar and created a new notebook; then I draged three notebooks to Notebook Stack and drop each notebook on to the new notebook.  I expected a Notebook Stack containing three notebooks but that did not happen.  The four notebooks are shown in the Notebook Stack section on the Sidebar. Can someone tell me what prevented a Notebook Stack from being formed?

Hello Chris,  Thank you for replying to my post.

When I right clicked on a Notebook an options menu appeared but "Add to Stack" wa not on the list. :huh:   I wonder if there is a way of configuring what items appear there. 

Ken

PS -  I made a print screen of the options and pasted it in the MS Print application, then I snipped it and saved it as a jpg.  When I tried to past the jpg file into this reply it would accept it.  Being one who has learned to put up with rejection I saved it to Word doc format and tried to paste the Word doc into this repley.  That too failed, so I used Snip-it and saved it into memory, then tried to paste it from there into this reply and that didn't work. So I tried More Reply Options and could not find a way to either paste it in or attach it.  Isn.t there a way to either paste or attach information to a reply on this Forum?   :unsure:

• Level 5*

To paste the screen clip into a reply click on More Reply Option on the bottom right of the reply area, then click on Choose FIles and select the file you want to use, after the file has been uploaded place the cursor reply where you want the clip to appear and click on Add to Post.  Example below.

post-58142-0-71854900-1423175337_thumb.p

Hi csihilling,  Thank you for replying to my post. I followed you instruction and it worked. It took two trys, on the first try the file size was to large,  In the future I'll watch out for that.

Thank you for your answer.

KCav

post-117180-0-37213800-1423178478_thumb.

• Level 5*

Notebook Stack is the stack name that is the default stack name when you create a stack.  So if you created a notebook called Notebook Stack and then you drug another notebook onto it, you would end up with a stack called Notebook Stack containing notebooks Notebook Stack and Other.Notebookname.  So your 4th notebook is actually the first one you created, I'm thinking.  

Make sense?  To create a Stack you have to drag one notebook onto another.  I don't remember seeing a create Notebook Stack option anywhere.

Hi csihilling,  It seems like I have a love/hate relationship everyy time I start using a new tool.  I love it when it works.  I apprciate your help etting me started using Evernote..

I noticed how nicely you annodated your reply,  After following your direction how well my attachment appeared - Event Viewer is really nice. :)

I am still stuck on my original question.  I am unable to Stack Notebooks. On the Sidebar,  I clicked on Notebooks and then on Notebook Stack, Under Notebook Stack the names of four notebooks appear. i would like to stack three of them inside the other. When I "right" click on a notebook the options show above appear.  The option to "Add to stack" is not there.   :o Why isn't it there? 

KCav

• Level 5*

stacks only have one level of depth. So you have a stack name, and then the notebooks within the stack. if you are trying to create a second level of stacks it won't work. Is that the issue?

Archived