Notes deleted after Evernote crashed and was updated

mCole1

Idea

Hey

My Evernote was not responding because it said I didn't have enough space to save the note I was currently working on and then my Mac froze so I decided to restart my computer. After restarting, Evernote was responding and said I needed to update. I never have trouble with updates so I updated. After updating, All of my notebooks lost the notes I have written in 2015 so far. I have checked the Trash and they are not there. I do not understand why they got deleted because I always sync and save notes after making them.

Please help! These are all my lecture notes :(

Thanks

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't panic!  Check your account online via Evernote.com (login here) to make sure your notes are safe.  (That probably won't include the note you were making/ editing when things started to go wrong).

You will have updated to the latest version which requires a re-index of your local database,  which is why you don't appear to have any notes.  Give it a little time,  and restart your machine,  and all should be well.

• Level 5*

Hey

My Evernote was not responding because it said I didn't have enough space to save the note I was currently working on and then my Mac froze so I decided to restart my computer. After restarting, Evernote was responding and said I needed to update. I never have trouble with updates so I updated. After updating, All of my notebooks lost the notes I have written in 2015 so far. I have checked the Trash and they are not there. I do not understand why they got deleted because I always sync and save notes after making them.

Please help! These are all my lecture notes :(

Thanks

If you  have already restarted once after the Evernote update, you need not do so again, although it wouldn't hurt.

But leave your Mac running for a while (at least several hours, maybe overnight) for the Evernote DB indexing to complete.

Need more info to help:

1. What ver is your Mac OS?
  2. What EN ver were you previously using?
  3. What EN ver did you update to (#, & Direct DL or AppStore)?
  4. Do you have a local backup of your Mac Evernote data?
  5. Free or Premium Account?

This happened today around noon so it has been running for a while but I will leave it running for longer.

I have a Macbook air, OS X Yosemite 10.10.1. bought in 2013.

My current EN version is 6.0.6, I'm not sure what my previous version was but I update pretty often so I am assuming the one before this update.

My download was a direct download through EN.

I do not have a back up as far as I know.

I have a free account.

• Level 5*

This happened today around noon so it has been running for a while but I will leave it running for longer.

My current EN version is 6.0.6, I'm not sure what my previous version was but I update pretty often so I am assuming the one before this update.

I have a free account.

If your notes are missing from the online account,  I don't think it's merely a question of waiting for reindexing.  Is it possible that you somehow created a duplicate account with a slightly different login,  hence the missing notes?

• Level 5*

I have a free account.

I just updated this afternoon from Ver 6.0.5 to 6.0.6 and it went fine.  Immediately after the  popup warning about reindexing, it showed my account with all of my Notes.

So I think Gaz may be on to something -- you may now be logged in to EN Mac with a different account.

You might go to EN Web at Evernote.com, and try logging in with several of your most commonly use email addresses.

If you can't remember the PW for any of them, just click on the "Forgot Password" link.

I've checked all other emails that I use for accounts and none are signed up for EN. I recently changed the email of this account to a new one but that was a while ago, and I tried that email and it didn't work either. Shame, I was thinking it might be that too.

• Level 5*

@mCole1:  I think we may have exhausted the obvious/easy solutions.  If the data/Notes are important to you, it may be worth the $5 to upgrade to EN Premium account for 1 month so you can get full EN Support.

With a Premium account you have access to EN Support Chat.

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CST. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

Archived