Opening new EN window with hot key - Window is minimized

Epic

Hello everyone.  Wondering if anyone has a solution for this.  I have a hot key set up for new note, and 'search' notes.  When I use the hot key, the window opens, but does not display.  Meaning, it is either minimized, or behind the currently open window on my screen.  

I have experienced this on 2 different laptops.  Both running Windows 7.  I have tried changing the EN program properties (Right click on program icon, Properties, Run, ("Normal Window" or "Maximized").  This doesn't help.  

Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks!  

• Level 5*

Hmm, I have tried all the options and I cannot recreate what you are seeing.  My search hot key is F5.  Whether my EN window is maximized, reduced or minimized, whenever I hit F5 the EN window appears and the cursor is in the search field.  Do you have any other applications that might be using the same hot key(s)?  

You could try changing the hot keys and see if that helps.  Also, I have had experiences where my hot keys got hosed somehow, don't know how.  A reboot of my laptop fixed it, so you could also try a reboot.

Hmm, I have tried all the options and I cannot recreate what you are seeing. My search hot key is F5. Whether my EN window is maximized, reduced or minimized, whenever I hit F5 the EN window appears and the cursor is in the search field. Do you have any other applications that might be using the same hot key(s)?

You could try changing the hot keys and see if that helps. Also, I have had experiences where my hot keys got hosed somehow, don't know how. A reboot of my laptop fixed it, so you could also try a reboot.

Did you try 'New Note' Hot Key?
  • Level 5*

Did you try 'New Note' Hot Key?

I did using Ctrl-Alt-N as the hot key.  In all cases a new EN note window displayed on my screen, in reduced, not maximized, size.  Clearly visible.  FWIW.  Any luck changing hot keys?

Archived