Evernote for Windows 5.8.3 GA

Justin Street

A new version of Evernote for Windows is available. You can download it here.

5.8.3 Release notes:

• New
    • Presence - See what other people are working on in the note list
    • Work Chat
    • Filter Work Chats by contact names, keywords, and attachments
    • Improved notifications around chat errors
  • Fixed
    • Context notification fixes
    • Miscellaneous Crashes
    • Sync improvements*
    • Note title font size issues

Enjoy!

* A note to customers experiencing sync errors where "no more data to read" appears in the activity log: We are able to reproduce the error and are working diligently on a resolution. 

Also, this new build introduces new bug where you cant search limiting to a Notebook, i pick up a notebook, introduce some word and the "notebook lock" goes away...giving results in notes from all notebooks.

• Level 5*

Also, this new build introduces new bug where you cant search limiting to a Notebook, i pick up a notebook, introduce some word and the "notebook lock" goes away...giving results in notes from all notebooks.

Do you have Search Current Context or Search All notes checked in the search bar hour glass drop down?  If Search Current Context is checked you should be able to select a notebook and maintain the context when you introduce a word.  If I am reading what you have written correctly.

My tags are not syncing. On both my phone and online I am missing note tags.  post-137271-0-44087400-1423077189_thumb. This is the view from my Windows Desktop

post-137271-0-46362900-1423077382_thumb. This is the view online. I tried adding the tag Morgan Deaths online to see if it would pick up the tags on my computer using that tag, but as you can see, it did not.

I have had problems with Evernote since upgrading to Premium in December. Am seriously thinking of asking for a refund.  I sent a ticket to tech support last week and have yet to hear a word on it.

• Level 5*

Are all of the notes in synced notebooks?  You will get a different count on line if some are in local notebooks.  

I have had tag sync issues in the past myself.  Relative to a fix when just adding the tag on line didn't work, I would add dummy tags to the Morgan Death notes online and Win, something like Temp.O and Temp.W.  I would than sync and see if I could make any sense of it all.  Sometimes it means finding the Temp.W notes on the web and adding the real tag and the contra for Temp.O.  Eventually all three tags should have the same count and then adios temp tags.  A PITA any way you look at it though..  

Never could determine why it happened, though I sensed it had something to do with tags I added on the desktop version.  FWIW.

csihillin,

Yes, they are all synced notes. It appears like Evernote for some reason just doesn't recognize them anymore.  I have been renaming them. Then adding a tag with the correct name, and then deleting the first and then finally syncing them.  It appears the bug in an earlier version is keeping Evernote from recognizing those old tag names. I have notes as old as December with this problem.  I don't look at the notes on my kindle or phone very often, so I just realized it was an issue yesterday.  Just about worked through all 1000+ tags making sure that they were synced. Been a long afternoon, but I will be glad to have this fixed. Once I do the process above, the tags show up in the tag list on my kindle.  Not an easy fix for someone who is having the same issue, but at least it is a fix. Luckily the tags are all correct on my laptop version. :)

• Level 5*

Two things relating to Table Of Contents notes specifically, though I suspect it affects other notes similarly.

1. After creating a TOC note, you cannot easily manually add a new item to it. If you go to the last item in the list and press ENTER, you are on a new row, but it didn't increment the list number by one. There just is no list number. The only fix I could figure out was to highlight the entire list, remove the list properties, then reapply to the entire selection.
  2. When clicking on a note in the TOC list, the body changes fine, but the header doesn't. So the problem here is the TOC had a reminder date, and some of the subnotes did as well. But when I click on a note in the TOC, it retains the reminder info for the TOC note itself, not the note I clicked on, even if the note I clicked on truly has no reminder set. I am not sure what other header info is wrong, that is just the thing that stuck out for me as I was trying to clear a big project. EDIT: This only seems to happen if the TOC note is open in its own window and not just visible in the list pane and note body pane. Notes that are simplyi viewed in the 5.8.x client window do properly change the header info.
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to remove evernote from my OA due to the plug-in cause my outlook can't launch.

Outlook will hang on "loading profile" until I remove the add-in

But when I lunch evernote again. the add in is enable to outlook automatically. So I can't use outlook again.

I can't work without outlook.I have to remove evernote now.

I just pay for Pro...please inform me once the issue fix..

• Level 5*

I have to remove evernote from my OA due to the plug-in cause my outlook can't launch.

Outlook will hang on "loading profile" until I remove the add-in

But when I lunch evernote again. the add in is enable to outlook automatically. So I can't use outlook again.

I can't work without outlook.I have to remove evernote now.

I just pay for Pro...please inform me once the issue fix..

You need to open a support ticket.

Archived