No longer able to email notes?

I used to be able to send a copy of a note to an email address. Following the last Android update, this feature appears to be gone. Selecting the menu item "Send to e-mail address" simply initiates a Chat, sending a link to the note, rather than a full copy of the note, to the email address entered. So basically the "Send to e-mail address" and the "Share" menu items now seem to do exactly the same thing. Has this feature gone away or am I doing something wrong?

• Level 5*

After a quick look,  the only way to do that currently is to either copy/ paste the content into an email,  or to share publicly and capture the note URL.  Not secure,  but at least it avoids needing Evernote to read the content.

• 3 months later...

This is a huge functionality gap.  I don't want to have a chat about note.  I just want to send the text of it to one or more recipients as a simple email.  I don't want them asking me "how do I open this?"  (Which is what just happenend)  Having to select the text of the note, copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into a note is pretty bush league and, programmatically, simple to automate.  It feels like Android users are not only being shortchanged compared to iOS users, but are being made to participate (literally) in a social experiment when all they want is to manage and share content in a simple format.  Please get the basics done properly before engaging in fanciful programming adventures.  Thanks.

• Level 5*

I don't think iOS users are in any better place with this,  and either it's a step Evernote have taken as part of an ongoing roadmap,  in which case I don't think you'll see any major changes anytime soon;  or someone messed up,  in which case there will probably be some movement in the next update.  Only time will tell...

• Level 5*

OK - humble pie now due to both @cortriga and Evernote:  sending a simple email IS possible still - 

Long press the note title / snippet

Choose See All from the next menu

Choose Send a copy...

The user gets a plain email (from your name <no-reply@evernote.com>)

..With a Download Evernote invite on the bottom...

Archived