Emailed notes have stretched images

When emailing notes from Evernote for mac ( 6.0.6 beta 2 ) - I cc'd myself - and when I look at my email in 2 different browsers the images are all stretched out. I'll attach a screenshot.

When using the Evernoteapplication on my mac the images all look correct and not stretched out.

macbook pro
evernote for mac 6.0.6 beta 2

post-163452-0-09216100-1422726044_thumb.

• 1 month later...

This is happening with me as well.  I get the same result if I email from Evernote (Mac App Store) and iOS 8.   I just finished a chat with support, and he's following up with the senior team about this issue.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, andrewlwood said:

I still have this issue; also with photos taken via the evernote camera. Is there a fix? 

This thread being nearly 18 months old I'd hope that any issue that old got fixed by now.  What version of Evernote/ what device(s) are you using?

Just now, gazumped said:

This thread being nearly 18 months old I'd hope that any issue that old got fixed by now.  What version of Evernote/ what device(s) are you using?

So would I, but it hasn't been. Multiple macs, running the latest Beta 453896 - have had the issue for some time. 

Hi Everyone, I have the same issue for a few years now. I'm running evernote on Mac and images I upload through the iOS evernote app appear stretched. It's so frustrating. For some images if I rotate them the problem is fixed, but for others this trick won't work.

It's definitely the way the program renders the images, because when I view some of my notes on an iOS device they appear ok. There really is no logic to the issue. I have images that appear ok on a Mac but not on an iOS device and vice versa.

• 1 month later...

Hey Artur, Thanks for the Tipp with rotating the image, works for me... I would like to add that this issue is depending, on how the App is scaled on the Screen. When i put EN for Mac in fullscreen mode the image looks normal and when i scale the app down, the image stretches with it, instead of scaling consistently...(only with images from the ios app though)

Hi folks. Rotating does fix the issue, but I put in so many images into Evernote on my iPhont 6s. I hate having to fix them before I can view them. I am contacting support. I will update what I hear back from them :)

Here are the notes I am sending to them if anyone is interested :)

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAbxb6tcoRhO0KQ_SSyehUdxYfJ-MBAzPAw/

Support ticket: #1868692

7 hours ago, carlthewinner said:

Hi folks. Rotating does fix the issue, but I put in so many images into Evernote on my iPhont 6s. I hate having to fix them before I can view them. I am contacting support. I will update what I hear back from them :)

Here are the notes I am sending to them if anyone is interested :)

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAbxb6tcoRhO0KQ_SSyehUdxYfJ-MBAzPAw/

Support ticket: #1868692

Hi @carlthewinner; it looks like from your support ticket that you are noticing this issue on a Windows device. If you are experiencing this on a Mac as well, the fix for this is in the next version of Evernote, version 6.10. You can find the link to the beta here:

I can't do beta programs any more. Especially with my Evernote data too risky. I can't loose or corrupt any data in Evernote. I would die along with my Evernote account :)

I am excited to hear it is getting resolved! Thanks for the update! Support said a fix is coming for Windows too. No timeline, but it is nice to know it is a known issue at least.

Another update from support about the timeline:

If you aren't already familiar with our efforts to redesign and improve the Evernote editor, I recommend taking a look at the following blog post: https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/09/22/the-future-of-writing-in-evernote/.

While I do not have a firm timeline for when this will be released, we do hope to roll this out on the Windows client in the next couple of months. While we expect the fix for this should be available before January, if you are still experiencing this issue in the new year, please feel free to follow-up and I'll be happy to give you an update on the status of the issue.

• 7 months later...

I'm pretty new to Evernote and like the concept a lot. But as time passes by I notice more and more inconsistencies across clients and platform.

What really boggles me is Evernote's speed in fixing these inconsistencies. Like 2.5 years wrong aspect ratio in the Mac app and no fixes yet. Really?

If nothing will change I might reconsider my Premium subscription next year.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Infor said:

I'm pretty new to Evernote and like the concept a lot. But as time passes by I notice more and more inconsistencies across clients and platform.

What really boggles me is Evernote's speed in fixing these inconsistencies. Like 2.5 years wrong aspect ratio in the Mac app and no fixes yet. Really?

If nothing will change I might reconsider my Premium subscription next year.

Hi.  We're a mainly user forum so complaining about the service is kinda what we do here.  Was there something specific that you're finding an issue that you'd like fixes or work-arounds for?

• 1 month later...
On 19.6.2017 at 2:10 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  We're a mainly user forum so complaining about the service is kinda what we do here.  Was there something specific that you're finding an issue that you'd like fixes or work-arounds for?

Yes, an annoying bug for me is the one mentioned earlier in this thread: Images uploaded via the iOS app are rendered differently in the Mac app (wrong aspect ratio).

Archived