Presentation Mode: can large screen info be less than what's on my computer screen?

I'm trying to create a lecture using Evernote Presentation mode. I want to display a heading and some notes, but not all of the notes under that topic. The rest of the notes would be on my computer for me to refer to as I speak. Is it possible to do this? Conversely, is there a way to hide portions of my notes so only some of them display on the screen? (I use a Mac.)

Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi.  It would require a little pre-planning,  and it may depend on what OS you;re presenting from,  but it is theoretically possible to show some notes and refer to others,  and to display only parts of notes on screen.

First,  select the notes you want to display.  It may be useful to create a Table of Contents note for those notes as a presentation 'front page'.  Then go into presentation mode and move the output to a second (presentation) screen.  You can now look at other notes on the primary screen,  while cycling through the presentation notes.  If you move the 'hidden' part of your note(s) to the bottom of the content it won't appear on screen - unless you scroll down too far.  Putting a decorative paragraph marker below the final public section could be a useful reminder of exactly how far you can go...

Needs testing,  and practice to make the presentation work well...

Thanks so much for the response! 

Just to clarify, there isn't a way to have my screen split so that, for example, on the left side of my computer screen are my lecture notes, while on the right side of my screen is what is presented to the class? This would be analogous to using the "comment" bar in Pages for a document. I'm using Yosemite OS X.

Thanks again.

• Level 5*

You ever hear of a guy called Oliver Twist?  He was always asking for 'more'...

You won't be able to see both outputs on the same screen.  By definition (so far) Presentation Mode is one full screen display.  You'll have to watch two screens to see your notes,  plus what's visible to the audience.  

• Level 5*

Thanks so much for the response! 

Just to clarify, there isn't a way to have my screen split so that, for example, on the left side of my computer screen are my lecture notes, while on the right side of my screen is what is presented to the class? This would be analogous to using the "comment" bar in Pages for a document. I'm using Yosemite OS X.

Thanks again.

This is why I greatly prefer PowerPoint.  PPT provides a detailed screen on the presenters computer while showing only the main slide on the projector.  In your PPT slide you can have detailed notes that the others never see.

If you haven't ever used PPT, it's worth a trial.

Ah, yes, always asking for "more!" Ha! That made me laugh! Well, maybe future versions of EN will do what Power Point can do. A person can always dream....

Thanks, Gentlemen, for your responses. I really appreciate it.

SWIBMama

Archived