Request: Change default font size

PastorS

Idea

On 2/4/2016 at 6:45 AM, ManesJeff said:

This can be changed in your Android settings. Settings -> Device -> font.

But of course this will increase the font size across apps, not just in Evernote. iOS is even worse - changing the system font size is ignored by Evernote. It has been like this for years, despite many complaints. For whatever reason, the developers don't see it as an issue.

• Like 3
On 2/7/2016 at 3:13 PM, Matt W. said:

Hello all,

Thank you for the feedback on this and I will be brining this up in our next meeting and will let you guys know if I hear something.

We have been waiting for over 5 years for this and still nothing.  iOS has the dynamic text option and so many apps take advantage of this.  There are visually impaired users of your product, including those of us who pay for the premium service, we should be able to use the service as easily as normal sighted people but we cannot.  Why is Evenote unwilling to to make this simple change and give all users the ability to use the app more easily.  It's just text, why can't we have universal text formatting.  There are now so many alternatives that have the option for larger text.  

I just want to know why Evernote doesn't care about this.  I have tweeted Evernote support and they just say to post in the forums.  Well I have posted in every forum related to this topic which is many, going back to 2011.  Now i want to see what this company is willing to do about it.

• Like 4

This doesn't exactly solve the problem because the text still is not large enough and the text is not wrapped.  Other apps like OneNote and Notes.app can do this.  

This is am accessibility issue and usability issue that should be fixed.  I have low vision and this is forcing me to look at other options.

• Like 1
On 7/5/2016 at 6:28 AM, JXOB said:

Hi. Long time Evernote user on Mac, iPhone and iPad.

This font size issue has really frustrated me. I like to use a size 12 font, which I can set on my desktop, but, seemingly randomly, portions of that text are in size 14 on the portable devices. I note also, that when copying portions of one note to another, the "Evernote random format generator" frequently buggers up the location of bold fonts.

So I have my study notes now with random boldness throughout, and in 2 different font sizes within the same document. Repairing this formatting issue on the desktop does not fix the issue on the portable devices even after shutdown and re-sync.

Please address this. Thanks.

Justin

I agree. Font options. Now! 

I'm here for it, but Evernote does not give one flying fleep about accessibility. They've ignored this issue since 2012. This is the reason I won't get a premium account. I will not pay for something produced by a company that cares so little for people with disabilities.

I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S8 to an S20 FE, so my Android version is now 11. With this upgrade, I can barely read my new notes at their default size. So I have to select all and increase font size for every new note. This is a very poor workaround to a fundamental missing feature. Someone please let us all know if there is any way to increase the default font size that I just don't know about, or if it is perhaps on its way.

The font used in the Android mobile app is too small and its practically unreadable.  I am using the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 with lots of real estate page space but the font is ridiculously small and washed out.  This will not work for me.  The fonts in all the other apps on my tablet are fine.  Either make the font larger on Evernote or give us the option to change the font size

• Like 3

This is unbelievable.  Are they totally incompetent?  I cannot imagine this would be difficult technically, and it's such an obvious feature.  I will delete Evernote if they don't fix this.  LOOK WHAT I CAN DO IN MY BROWSER!!!!

• Like 6

Hi.  I was wondering if there is any way to enlarge the viewing font size for Evernote on Android?  I already have my system font set to large and I don't want to make it any bigger.  It just seems that the Evernote viewing font is still small.

Also, it used to be that when I did pinch to zoom the font would increase but the text would wrap to the screen but now it just enlarges but without text wrapping - is this a deliberate change?

• Like 1

The reply I received from support said there is not.  I will tell you, as crazy as this is, that Calibri font size 16, shows up well on my android.  If I put the note in on my computer with font size 18, it's difficult to read on my tablet.  Go figure!  Anyway, the only way to have larger font, is to put the note in on your computer in a large font size then sync with your android.

The text not being wrapped is the biggee for me. I'm not interested in a work around. I'm interested in a solution which is to allow you to set your own font size as other apps do.

• Like 2

Wow.  Can't believe the ongoing request on the option to increase Text size (on Android anyway) without a resolution.  It's a basic function.  Just switched from Note Everything to Evernote so I can use on Nexus Ph, Samsung Tablet and Laptop.  I'm going to try the larger text option on the laptop and Import and see if that works but this is ridiculous.   

• Like 1

As far as I can see this is still not fixed. This is very troublesome in many ways. First the practical thing, the direct consequences of not being able to change font size when viewing. It means for me I can only read my notes conveniently when conditions are good. (Light, I should not be too tired. Etc.)

Second, it makes me worry about the future of Evernote. Fixing this is rather easy from a programmers view. Why is it not fixed? Does this mean that Evernote does not have the resources to do it? Could this mean Evernote could crash just like many other IT-companies offering free services? It would indeed be much trouble for me if the Evernote company crashed.

I myself switched to Evernote from my homegrown browser-based software doing similar things. I did this because I wanted to spend more time with what I am interested in. Should I take up this programming again? Crowd source? Etc.

PS: I am on Android.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I sympathize with the problem,  but let's not panic here.  Evernote have thousands of user feature requests listed,  and - judging by the other main threads on this forum - thousands of bugs to fix in a dozen different OS's on hundreds of different devices.

They aren't short of cash,  or intention,  but they have to prioritize - hence the voting buttons on threads like this,  which are meant to give some indication of what should be their next target.  Despite the impassioned support above there's a total of 1 (one) click for this feature.  If you'd like to see it get attention,  make sure you click,  get your friends and anyone else you can talk to to click,  and drive that number up.

As to whether you should stick with the existing situation with or without work-arounds - my best advice is: if you find a better a solution,  then use it.  Unless Evernote are close to releasing a fix for this as we type,  coding,  testing and releasing a new feature will have a timescale of months or years.  It ain't going to happen anytime soon...

• Like 1

Hi. Long time Evernote user on Mac, iPhone and iPad.

This font size issue has really frustrated me. I like to use a size 12 font, which I can set on my desktop, but, seemingly randomly, portions of that text are in size 14 on the portable devices. I note also, that when copying portions of one note to another, the "Evernote random format generator" frequently buggers up the location of bold fonts.

So I have my study notes now with random boldness throughout, and in 2 different font sizes within the same document. Repairing this formatting issue on the desktop does not fix the issue on the portable devices even after shutdown and re-sync.

Please address this. Thanks.

Justin

• Level 5*
On 20/07/2016 at 4:29 PM, Dan Baker said:

Hello.  I also have questions about font size.  I have tried to change the default font size on my desktop Evernote.  But this does not seem to work?

Did you go via Tools > Options > Note?  (Windows)

On 7/22/2016 at 6:01 AM, gazumped said:

Did you go via Tools > Options > Note?  (Windows)

Yeah, that does not stick.  Even when I am in the note, and I change the font size the way I would in Windows, when I hit the return to start the next line of text, the font reverts back to Tahoma 10.  I've also tried both open note in new window, and the reverse.

UPDATE as of 16-08-31:  I have got the default font size to change, and to stick.  But it required switching to the beta version of Evernote.  So maybe this glitch has been corrected.

Edited by Dan Baker
UPDATE

I can "paste" larger fonts in my android Evernotes, but i cannot "change" font size in evernote. I noticed in one "Evernote" response, it was suggested to "click" to increase the number of requests in order to make this a higher priority. Users requests should be sufficient to initiate Evernote to fix, not user request and "click here" to make it important! Besides, click where? I definately agree with others who say "i can't believe this hasn't been fixed". Otherwise, i love Evernote! 

• Like 1
On 2016-06-16 at 2:49 PM, gazumped said:

I sympathize with the problem,  but let's not panic here.  Evernote have thousands of user feature requests listed,  and - judging by the other main threads on this forum - thousands of bugs to fix in a dozen different OS's on hundreds of different devices.

They aren't short of cash,  or intention,  but they have to prioritize - hence the voting buttons on threads like this,  which are meant to give some indication of what should be their next target.  Despite the impassioned support above there's a total of 1 (one) click for this feature.  If you'd like to see it get attention,  make sure you click,  get your friends and anyone else you can talk to to click,  and drive that number up.

As to whether you should stick with the existing situation with or without work-arounds - my best advice is: if you find a better a solution,  then use it.  Unless Evernote are close to releasing a fix for this as we type,  coding,  testing and releasing a new feature will have a timescale of months or years.  It ain't going to happen anytime soon...

So that comment did get 4,570 likes at the moment. And the thread still just has a few... o.O

• Like 1

I was thrilled with the app and how I can sync my notes...until I stumbled upon this gaping hole. 

I spent so long looking for a way to change the bloody font. I thought, "No, c'mon, it's IMPOSSIBLE for a note taking app to not have proper font options."

And lo and behold, I find this thread posted a 1 year and a half ago. Astonishingly stupid. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  I think the most applicable description is 'priorities'.  Plus iOS only recently got a new editor to help "consistent formatting across clients" and you can bet that if notes showed up in big fonts on one device but only had small fonts on another,  someone,  somewhere would complain...

This should be changed for disability access, the font size makes the solution unusable by disabled and dyslexia uses. I would love to use Evernote day but as dyslexia person, the font size does not allow me. Development team think about disabled, dyslexia and short-sighted users. Best way to use Everynote as disabled use is on the desktop, as you can change the font size and colour, but it should change on mobile and tablet version too.

• Like 1

As someone pointed out, I just realized you can pinch and zoom on the Android app, which is the only thing that kept me from uninstalling on my mobile devices due to font size illegibility. Don't get me wrong, I love Evernote, but I tend to use Trello on android devices since it's accessible on mobile browsers (no app install needed) and also capable of zooming. I would like to point out to other non-developers that Trello doesn't have an option to change the font size either. It is, apparently, not a simple thing to add. Any developers who feel like schooling us about why this is a tricky fix might help garner sympathy for all the other developers out there.

• Like 1
On 10/17/2016 at 9:35 PM, Paulygon said:

As someone pointed out, I just realized you can pinch and zoom on the Android app, which is the only thing that kept me from uninstalling on my mobile devices due to font size illegibility. Don't get me wrong, I love Evernote, but I tend to use Trello on android devices since it's accessible on mobile browsers (no app install needed) and also capable of zooming. I would like to point out to other non-developers that Trello doesn't have an option to change the font size either. It is, apparently, not a simple thing to add. Any developers who feel like schooling us about why this is a tricky fix might help garner sympathy for all the other developers out there.

OK will check out Trello.

Pinching out enlarges the font, but since the message also doesn't wrap in your screen (for example, android tablet screen size), the end of the textgets cut off.

Google docs have no problem of text reflow or text size but the user interface can get so involved (too many steps/buttons).  And my 1GB RAM tablet gets slowed down...

Evernote has great strengths (search, speed, taxonomy, etc) and I have not yet bothered to look for a replacement. But I have tested sync and move to other platforms, and it works reasonably well. So I stay, knowing this is another strength, one that is absolutely required.
I pay the Premium fee alone to show support for the very important note-taking tool of my choice.

What worries me about Evernote is that I can't figure out their agenda! Paying customers? Business users? Nah, can't be if a the reading experience on a mobile device is awkward. And this is not the only time that basic features are ignored.

What still puzzles me (should maybe not) is Evernote's lack of communication in these cases. And if you try a workaround on your own you can soon be met with what looks like an attempt of platform lock-in.

For example, I'm taking my Android tablet and try to log in to Evernote from Firefox. Firefox for Android has a very nice reading mode. But, Evernote does not permit login from mobile browsers. So I circumvent that by the "Show desktop page" from Firefox. Only to find that in this particular case, the Firefox read mode button isn't there. Turns out that the Evernote web page does not expose a main body like most other sites.

There is though, one workaround that probably will help you in almost all cases, if you accept "a little" tweaking when you take the note. This is the short version, and I'm only addressing the problem with really tiny text not being able to float/wrap (answer to OP is technically still NO it seems):

While nothing is said, I suspect that most users in this and other threads somehow involve clipping of web pages in the troubled notes. Some pages come out quite well if you select/clip the right area. Evernote is not bad at clipping HTML but far from perfect. Manually copying a selection and pasting over a note is a trick that often work.
But lots of pages come out crippled, almost always when deprecated HTML is used instead of styling, and when we see the bad practice of tables being used to structuring a page.
Then use Evernote's "Simplify formatting" for every note when you can. It's a lot better than not being able to read at all when you are mobile! It seems to me that around 5% of the pages I'm interested in (for study etc) come out almost perfect, maybe 40% come out with a lot of extra line breaks (just slightly annoying), but the rest come out with a lot of line breaks removed. The latter is typical for a bit older pages with HTML tags that should have been coded with CSS instead.
So for important notes (backup of referred web pages, things to return to often, etc) I have to manually insert line breaks all the way, taking time. But it works - with some cooking using keyboard.

If you use Evernote simply to "read later" then choose something else entirely.

This topic actually addresses 2 issues. 

1. The ability to change the DEFAULT font size for all notes in Evernote. This is what this request is for. 

2. The ability to change the font size anywhere in an INDIVIDUAL note, that is: an option on the tool bar. If you are more interested in this ability go and vote for topic: 101719-change-font-size

Notice that the first post in this thread goes back to Jan 2015? For whatever reason, Evernote has ignored font issues on mobile for years. Maybe the developers have to get older with declining vision before they will deal with such a basic issue ?

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, OnGuardMan said:

heck, evenn this editor

Welcome to Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.,  a web-only product.

5 hours ago, Bob in NV said:

Evernote has ignored font issues on mobile for years.

Evernote seems to get criticised for issuing frivolous add-ins without addressing the 'real issues',  but the simple add-ins are the easy ones to tag on to existing code quickly.

Creating a reliable way to make 28pt Garamond type appear proportionate to 10pt Arial in all supported versions of Android / iOS / Mac / Windows and on screens from a couple of inches to a few feet wide is gonna take a little while.  I believe they started working on that before 2015 and are getting closer to doing something - but they rarely comment on work in progress,  so we'll have to see...

After years of using EN I am seriously considering dropping it. I cannot preach from a note with a font size of 12-14.. I create notes on my macbook with a default font size of 24.. but when I go to my ipad to preach the same note is 12-14 font size... terrible. It's sad when a company refuses to hear the cries of its customers.. I've been paying too long to have to beg for basic features.

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums, Pastor. I certainly understand the problem. (I still print out my sermons, in 14-point Arial, 2.5-spaced!). But please note the message posted immediately before yours (May 1)--it may be that Evernote is not ignoring the issue, but just trying to get font sizes to work right across all those platforms at the same time.

Thanks for your feedback in this forum. We are working on a setting that will enable you to adjust the scale of the note body size in the editor. This will make it easier to view note body text in the Android Evernote app, at a scale that works for your personal preferences. The feature will be available in beta in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned.

• Like 1

To: May Allen: This response addresses only the ability to change the DEFAULT font size for a note.

The feature being requested in all these comments is the  ability to change the font size anywhere in an INDIVIDUAL note. A text size option on the toolbar.

Especially after cutting & pasting in the same note or pasting from another note or source.

The Simplified Formatting function is NOT the answer to this problem. 

If the Evernote staff recognize, understands, and will include THIS feature in the next release, PLEASE respond in this post with this understanding.  

If you want to vote for this feature, go to 101719-change-font-size and vote for this feature. 

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com said:

To: May Allen: This response addresses only the ability to change the DEFAULT font size for a note.

Hi.  This feature request is for an optional default font size,  so @May Allen is exactly on topic with her response.  It's highly unusual to get a direct input from Evernote staff on any development issue,  and I'm grateful to her for the comment. 

While it's a good idea to post the other link here for anyone who's interest,  I couldn't find it within the forum,  so (courtesy of Google) it's here:

I notice that one has a massive 4 votes so far,  so while in normal circumstances I'd guess it wasn't a priority,  the fact that the Android editor code is getting some tlc may help..

The feature being requested in all these comments is the  ability to change the font size anywhere in an INDIVIDUAL note. A text size option on the toolbar.

Especially after cutting & pasting in the same note or pasting from another note or source.

If the Evernote staff recognize, understands, and will include THIS feature in the next release, PLEASE respond in this post with this understanding.  

If you want to vote for this feature, go to 101719-change-font-size and vote for this feature. 

Guru, you are correct. 

I have posted a new request to "Change text size for selected text in an individual note" to consolidate this and similar requests into one request.
PLEASE copy this request name, search for it in the Evernote Home Page, and vote for it by clicking the up arrow in front of the request. Maybe we can get the Evernote teams attention. 

Here's motivation for including the font resizing on the note tool bar.. ONE NOTE offers it. If that's not motivation enough I am not sure what is. I am a software developer and I can tell you that there is NO plausible reason I know of that would make this feature addition hard to accommodate. I am even open for EN to make this a feature you only get in the paid versions... wait I already PAY for the paid version... looking hard at converting my 2k plus note to One Note.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, Dave.Robinson16@Gmail.com said:

This topic has been moved to the Evernote Forum topic 107914....

Hijacking request discussions and pointing users to a different request is bad behaviour
Read the discusssion title; these are two different requests

This feature request was started in 2015 and has been upvoted by 33 users.
It makes no sense for it to be shut down

• Like 1

Ok so I don't think this is an unreasonable request nor is it a hard thing to implement into the mobile app (of course I'm assuming here). Is there any possible way that we will be able to change the font size and also type in different fonts? I am a premium member so for $60+ a year I think this program should be able to change the fonts on the Android app. I had thought of switching over to something else (like Google docs or Microsoft word) but they are very limited on their deep note search capabilities so for now I am sticking with evernote. This is definitely a pretty annoying problem though. When I copy something from a website and place it in an article, evernote copies the exact font. I cannot switch it back to the normal font that I was using. it's Just a tedious problem that's all. 

8/15/17: This is the 1st time I looked into the issue of font size on a mobile device and, like many others, am shocked at the apparent deaf ears of Evernote and unwillingness to address. I too have been a premium user for years, and although it will require some work on my part to move to a competitive format, I feel it necessary, even if out of principle alone (plus, I can hardly read the text on my very large phone). 

In my work I too have customers and provide a service to them, but I can't be too busy (and distracted) patting myself on the back for the 'good' I've provided while ignoring the [seemingly] smaller but [obviously] important things. 

So much potential for Evernote. It's the "little foxes that spoil the vine."

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@sjt, it does seem to be taking a long time to implement what ought to be a simple feature. However, last year sometime Evernote changed their Android editor to a new, Chrome-based one. Its features were very basic from the beginning, but they have gradually been improving the formatting capabilities. I presume that this is the reason it's taking so long to get to this, since it has to be done within the overall context of a common editor across all devices. Assuming, that is, that they do intend to get to it eventually!

• Like 1

Hi everyone. Thanks for your feedback on this feature. We've released a setting to zoom the note body font size, so that you can adjust the font to fit your preferences. Just go to Evernote > Settings > Notes > Editor. Then slide to adjust the note body size. You can access this feature today in our beta build in the Play Store. Let us know what you think, we'll be making minor improvements to this feature in the future.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, May Allen said:

Hi everyone. Thanks for your feedback on this feature. We've released a setting to zoom the note body font size, so that you can adjust the font to fit your preferences. Just go to Evernote > Settings > Notes > Editor. Then slide to adjust the note body size. You can access this feature today in our beta build in the Play Store. Let us know what you think, we'll be making minor improvements to this feature in the future.

What about iOS?  This has been an accessibility issue since the beginning of Evernote.  Other apps can change font size, like OneNote, and iOS gives developers the tools to use Dynamic Type.  

• Level 5
On 7/28/2017 at 4:37 PM, May Allen said:

Thanks for your feedback in this forum. We are working on a setting that will enable you to adjust the scale of the note body size in the editor. This will make it easier to view note body text in the Android Evernote app, at a scale that works for your personal preferences. The feature will be available in beta in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned.

Some good news on this! The recently released Android app v. 7.13.1 indicates in the release notes on Google Play that we can now "Adjust the note text size for better readability." This seems to be the scaling to which @May Allen refers. The release notes don't say how this is done, but I've found it. Tap the 3-lines menu at the top left or the 3-dots menu at the top right of the app's main screen, then Settings > Notes; scroll to the bottom of the dialog and, under Editor, you can adjust the scale between 50% and 200%. This scale setting applies to all notes; but the same dialog can be accessed within any note from the 3-dots menu, then Settings (a scale setting made there will be global across all notes on the app). This setting affects display only; it does not actually change the text's font size. But when the text is scaled larger or smaller, it does flow/wrap properly, unlike the pinch zooming action.

• Like 1

@May Allen

Just updated to the lastest Android build. Upscaling  reflow really works a treat for text reflow. Thumbs up!

Sadly, however, no special mention in Google Play.

How many old-time users delve into settings every time a new build is released? Either it is obvious to see or the app itself draws attention to the improvement or at least the Play Store blurb points to it, or else an awful lot of people will go on  missing this really grand feature.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
14 hours ago, JohnLongney said:

@May Allen

Just updated to the lastest Android build. Upscaling  reflow really works a treat for text reflow. Thumbs up!

Sadly, however, no special mention in Google Play.

How many old-time users delve into settings every time a new build is released? Either it is obvious to see or the app itself draws attention to the improvement or at least the Play Store blurb points to it, or else an awful lot of people will go on  missing this really grand feature.

To be sure, the Google Play blurb does say, "Adjust the note text size for better readability." That's why I went looking through the app to find how to do it, but it took me awhile to stumble onto it in Settings. So I'd agree--they really need to promote this within the app itself.

• Like 1

@Dave-in-Decatur

sorry to say google.com/de  says no more than

latest update October 2nd , various bugs fixed and some improvements

Though I do not know for sure but going by usual practices, the  European D-A-CH representatives would be responsible for feeding the German-speaking part of Google Play. (D-A-CH reads Germany-Austria-Switzerland).

Apart from spoken Swiss German being a foreign language to most Austrians and Germans I  read in a newspaper article by  Neue Zürcher Zeitung  that the Swiss office  chosen for the 3 countries targets its efforts on winning small-scale Swiss business companies.  If one can afford to neglect about 90 million others, one must be doing well or lives in airy-fairy land.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, JohnLongney said:

sorry to say google.com/de  says no more than

latest update October 2nd , various bugs fixed and some improvements

So it is: "NEUE FUNKTIONEN: Fehlerbehebungen und sonstige Verbesserungen" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evernote&hl=de). I wonder how it is listed in other languages. This makes it all the more necessary that some kind of indication regarding this be placed within the app itself. Same for the new feature allowing creation of notes from the lock screen, which is even more deeply hidden in the release notes (as "Customize Evernote notifications you care about from Android system settings"), as I described here:

• Like 1

./Dragon STT./

Although you cannot change the actual font size in the android version, you can change the size in which it is displayed within all the notes in Evernote. The solution was posted on another thread in the forums.

"But there is some good news now. The recently released update to the Android app, v. 7.13.1, indicates in the release notes on Google Play that we can now "Adjust the note text size for better readability."…"

Full Comment with solution in forum.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

BrynRedbeard

Edited by BrynRedbeard
Change link format. Italicized quote.
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

I'm not a big font user when writing notes but I have a template set up with a section of fonts and sizes.   I can copy/paste from there.  I'm using an iPad but I trust that also works in Android.

>>really wish there was an easy way to extricate myself

I takes me 20 minutes to export my data on my Mac (weekly backup).  This  leaves me free and clear of Evernote. 

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I'm not a big font user when writing notes but I have a template set up with a section of fonts and sizes.   I can copy/paste from there.  I'm using an iPad but I trust that also works in Android.

>>really wish there was an easy way to extricate myself

I takes me 20 minutes to export my data on my Mac (weekly backup).  This  leaves me free and clear of Evernote. 

yes but I'm talking about getting out of EN in such a way that I would never need it again, not just exporting my notes so that I could be done for the day or the week or whatever.  Google Keep is kinda meh.  OneNote is by evil Microsoft...There's an app called "Turtl" that is a semi decent, free, multi-platform alternative, but it's not nearly as robust as EN.  And at this time I don't think there's a way for me to export/import all my notes from EN to Turtl, so I guess I should just be patient with Evernote and try to maximize what I can get out of it for the time being. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
40 minutes ago, Echoreflection said:

And at this time I don't think there's a way for me to export/import all my notes from EN to...

I can only help you with extrication; as I said Evernote makes it easy  to export  your data.

Post Evernote handling is your responsibility.  Leaving it in the os filing system is workable.

• Like 1

My problem is that my standard note font and size on Windows version is Tahoma 10. But sometimes when making notes in the Android app the font is Helvetica Neue (which isn't even a font available on my laptop) size 12 when it gets synced back to the Windows version of EN.

So my notes end up having different fonts and different sizes when syncing back to the Windows version.

And of course, it would be great to be able to choose the default note size in the Android app. So yes you definitely have my vote to be able to at least change the default font size in the app if not being able to change the font itself.

And certainly I'd like a fix to what I mentioned above.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, Rajhu said:

But sometimes when making notes in the Android app the font is Helvetica Neue (which isn't even a font available on my laptop) size 12 when it gets synced back to the Windows version of EN.

Welcome to the forums! This problem has (alas!) been noted many times before. If you go to the Android Help forum and search for Helventica Neue, you'll find a number of threads. So it's a known issue, but without a known time of being solved!

• Level 5
On 6/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, Dr. Jason said:

I agree. Font options. Now! 

I trust you've clicked the up arrow at the top of the page to support the request. While "Now!" is not really an option, my understanding is that the work they are doing to unify the editor and user experience across platforms as much as possible is exemplified in the current beta of the Web client: https://www.evernote.com/client/web. There are plenty of font styling options there, including size, so we may hope for them in the Android app. Soon!! Or at least in a couple of months!! Or maybe sometime later this year!!

• Level 5
On 6/27/2020 at 8:34 PM, justdisa said:

I'm here for it, but Evernote does not give one flying fleep about accessibility. They've ignored this issue since 2012. This is the reason I won't get a premium account. I will not pay for something produced by a company that cares so little for people with disabilities.

You probably already know this, but while fonts can't be adjust yet in the Android app, it is possible to set the zoom (scale). It's in the Notes section of the Settings, and will apply to every note.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

You probably already know this

Well I was (today) years old when I found out!  Darn that's cool!  And I really didn't realise "note body zoom" meant that...  thankyou!  :o

• Like 2
  • Level 5
17 hours ago, justdisa said:

I do, although I'm glad you mentioned it for folks who didn't know. It's the interface font I can't get big enough. [sigh]

Ah, I see. The request here was for a bigger font in the text of the notes. Interface font size is likely to be a system-level setting.

It is not a matter of the display size as much as the inability to control text formatting of things like font size, particularly when "Paste as Plain Text" has been broken for years.

Evernote devs are completely tone deaf to how a text editor should work.  This is but one of the many annoyances that span both mobile and desktop platforms, and is the main reason why I refuse to purchase the full product.  It took them YEARS to fix the Android auto-correct input issue...no reason to think they care about what people want.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Proft said:

This is really the thing that you're worried about?  Again: tone deaf.

This is a -mainly- user-supported Forum. As users, we can offer information and suggestions from our collective experience.

As we gift our time to try and help, it is considered polite not to waste it by generating more work than necessary.

...And it's not the only thing I'm worried about - I can multi-task.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, otterprods said:

I have to select all and increase font size for every new note

Hi.  Wait till you see those notes on a bigger screen.  Does zooming the screen do anything for you?