Feature Request: Copy Note Link

psim

Mighty Evernote fan here, use it pretty much on a daily basis to keep organized all around.

Yet, there's some small request that I've got: Would it be possible to stay in the note I am working on when I need to copy a hyperlink to a different note? If there's a shortcut, please let me know, but right now when I'm working on my study-related little wikis, I always need to right-click the note I want to link to, choose the option, and then go back to the original note I want the link to be in because I've landed in that exact note I just clicked on. To me it seems pretty logical that a user doesn't need to put the link to a note in that note itself, so why direct him/her there in the first place? It only costs a few clicks, yes, but it becomes a little annoying over time and interrupts the workflow unnecessarily.

Hope this doesn't copy any other topic, new to the forum and couldn't find any related request. Thanks for the overall great application in any case!

• Level 5*

I'm not sure if EN Win works like EN Mac for this feature, but in EN Mac if I am editing Note 1, I can right-click on Note 2 in the Note list, and select "Copy Note Link".  This does NOT change the active Note -- Note 1 is still active, and in fact I can immediately paste the Note 2 link in Note 1.

Sorry, I didn't have time to test on EN Win.

Would it be possible to stay in the note I am working on when I need to copy a hyperlink to a different note?

• Level 5*

I'm not sure if EN Win works like EN Mac for this feature, but in EN Mac if I am editing Note 1, I can right-click on Note 2 in the Note list, and select "Copy Note Link".  This does NOT change the active Note -- Note 1 is still active, and in fact I can immediately paste the Note 2 link in Note 1.

Would it be possible to stay in the note I am working on when I need to copy a hyperlink to a different note?

If I understand the above, I don't think you can do it in En Win.  When I right click on another note that note becomes active,  Oh well, chalk one up for Mac.

You can open either note in it's own window. Then copy the link from the note you want and insert in the other.

That's true of course, but say when you're working with a PDF in another window, you don't want to have another two windows for EN as well since they become quite small (especially working on a laptop).

Well, if the problem was already fixed on Mac, then it should only be a matter of time before they fix it for Win hopefully.

• Level 5*

You can open either note in it's own window. Then copy the link from the note you want and insert in the other.

That's true of course, but say when you're working with a PDF in another window, you don't want to have another two windows for EN as well since they become quite small (especially working on a laptop).

Agreed, which is probably why I don't do much editing of notes away from my docking station which has two monitors attached.  If I were on the laptop alone I would try the back arrow, at least until the time when/if Win looks like Mac.

Archived