Livescribe 3 and Evernote

Contendo

Hi there,

I have my Livescribe 3 Pen connected to both my ipad and iphone and take notes in meetings with audio.  When I am syncing to Evernote the audio doesn't seem to be syncing.  Pages are coming across fine. A notification on the evernote page appears "Download this PDF to your computer and go to www.livescribe.com/player".  I was under the impression the audio synced to Evernote automatically? 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is still a problem.  I just picked up the Livescribe 3 to use for Evernote, and it's a great device and COULD be awesome with Evernote.  If Evernote could add a function to enable Livescribe users to playback audio within the app itself.  It would be a killer app for Evernote!

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, schalliol said:

This is still a problem.  I just picked up the Livescribe 3 to use for Evernote, and it's a great device and COULD be awesome with Evernote.  If Evernote could add a function to enable Livescribe users to playback audio within the app itself.  It would be a killer app for Evernote!

I looked at Livescribe, but decided to use the Notability app with my iPad.
It allows simultaneous recording while taking notes, with syncronization between the note and audio.
Could you provide any info on the benefits you found in using a Livescribe pen?

DTLow, does Notability integrate with Evernote?

As for Livescribe.  It allows for drawing on paper with recording of audio via iOS or Android device.  It works well where note taking on a computer, phone or tablet might not be ideal.  This handwritten text can be converted automatically to text and also stored in Evernote.  You can have the synchronization of the note and audio for playback, and you can even tap on the paper with the pen where you took the note and the audio will play from that point.  The only downside is when you do record a note and sync with Evernote, you have to open a player to play the audio.

Evernote should synchronize audio when you record and type on an iPad, but it doesn't.  If Evernote can do this, perhaps Livescribe can be better integrated.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, schalliol said:

DTLow, does Notability integrate with Evernote?

Sort of - you can store the Notability note in Evernote, either in native format or pdf/audio

>>Evernote should synchronize audio when you record and type on an iPad
That would be a good feature, but I also find there's a better UI in using a dedicated app for note taking
Things like typing, handwriting, sketching, images

Check this out.  Here's what Evernote should do:

Livescribe basically works this way on paper and in its own app.  If Evernote did this directly, I might not have gotten the Livescribe 3.  The best thing would be direct integration of a function like this in Evernote w/ or w/o Livescribe in the picture.

On January 28, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Contendo said:

Hi there,

I have my Livescribe 3 Pen connected to both my ipad and iphone and take notes in meetings with audio.  When I am syncing to Evernote the audio doesn't seem to be syncing.  Pages are coming across fine. A notification on the evernote page appears "Download this PDF to your computer and go to www.livescribe.com/player".  I was under the impression the audio synced to Evernote automatically? 

Hello. I would avoid livescribe and switch to a jot script Evernote edition. I had livescribe 3 and it's to much hassle, frustration and ineffieceny. Using jotscript with penultimate is much better! 

Oh, I have the jotscript with penultimate, and I wasn't a fan.  I have an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, which works well for on-screen writing (WAY better than jotscript).  However, the issue is with audio.  In any occasion, you can't do what the Youtube video above shows.  This is why I have Livescribe.

• 8 months later...

The "pencasts" cannot be exported from the Livescribe ap in any format. Just got the pen and so far I'm finding that the company (or Evernote) refuses to implement the very basic function of allowing one to draw a checkbox next to the words "Schedule:" or "Meeting:" and have Evernote's auto-retreival and auto-conversion of those real time meeting notes into google calendar events. I want to be able to setup an event in a meeting as Im thinking of it, with a pen, and have that meeting auto-fill in my team's google calendar in real-time. So far setup is stalled because the Livescribe to Evernote (with TaskClone permissions) makes me have to o back into Evernote and manually add a checkbox to everything I want to hae scheduled as an event. "What's the big deal?!" ... my team is 65-70 yr old Realtors who can use a pen and write certain words in a certain order, but they can't type or use software, yet I need them to be more organized with our clients... Any help!?

The exporting works for me under latest iOS via PDF pencast to Evernote. I agree Evernote should make a way to make the PDFs wmbed easier so you don't have to go to the Web to play the embedded PDFs, but work, it does.

If you can't export, I'd contact LiveScribe.

Archived