How to work on multiple notes at same time

I am working on my tax return and would like to calculate my home office expenses for the year. I do a search for my expenses, which I would then like to collect into a separate note (or worksheet). Unfortunately, I lose my search when I transition to the note and vice versa. Is there any way to keep my search active while I work on a separate note? Please advise. Thank you! Todd

I am working on my tax return and would like to calculate my home office expenses for the year. I do a search for my expenses, which I would then like to collect into a separate note (or worksheet). Unfortunately, I lose my search when I transition to the note and vice versa. Is there any way to keep my search active while I work on a separate note? Please advise. Thank you! Todd

What client? Web & Windows desktop clients allow you to open a note to a seperate window. (Double click in Windows client or right click/open on Windows & web.)

What client? Web & Windows desktop clients allow you to open a note to a seperate window. (Double click in Windows client or right click/open on Windows & web.)

Client? I'm not familiar with that terminology. I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

• Level 5*

Client? I'm not familiar with that terminology. I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

Client refers to the Evernote application running on a particular device, e.g. Windows client (Evernote application that runs natively in Windows) or web client (Evernote client that runs in a web browser).

This might help you do that Quick Tip: Merging Notes - Evernote Blog

Make sure you read the article carefully, particularly the last couple of para's.  There's a 'trap' for the unwary, which could be disconcerting if you don't know about it.

RP

Further to the other posts, while you can open multiple notes in separate windows, there is no way to keep two sets of search results active simultaneously.  A workaround is to save each search (menu item appears in the drop down when you are in the search box).  You can then load saved searches at will to retrieve the results of each.

Here are some basic instructions from the KB for working with saved searches.

Good luck!

Archived