Evernote Mac 6.0.6 Beta 2 Released

SoftwareMarcus

Idea

Today we released Evernote for Mac 6.0.6 Beta 2 which builds on top of the fixes from Beta 1.  As reminder this is what we fixed in Beta 1.
  • Search
    • Fixed the search box so it remains on the Evernote window even at its narrowest.  
    • Fixed a number of Asian character search issues.  The bug is in the indexing of the note so a reindexing is required to fix the issue.  In Beta 2 all of your notes will be re-indexed. 
    • Fixed a number of advanced search problems.
    • Fixed some Spotlight search issues.
  • Attachments
    • Completely overhauled attachments and made the editing infrastructure more robust.
  • Top crashing issues
    • Discovered that a number of crashes occurred when fonts became corrupted or were turned off.  We now tell you if this is an issue before launching.
    • Fixed other top crashing issues.

We have also added some new features.
  • Yosemite Share Extension - Share web pages or images to Evernote when using the Yosemite Share menu that appears in Safari and the Finder.
  • Presentation Mode Auto-Layout - Let Evernote help you break up long notes into multiple slides.  Go to Presentation mode and select the feature from the Presentation toolbar on the right side.

What’s new in Beta 2?
  • More bug fixes.
  • Pasting from Safari now works.
  • A number of editing attachment fixes including a fix where one would crash if opening an unsupported attachment type.

Finally as described above we need to re-index everyone’s notes which will fix a number of search issues.  We didn’t turn this on in Beta 1 but it is turned on in Beta 2.  This could impact performance because reindexing is a computer intensive operation  We worked on reducing the impact but we don’t think we’ve solved every use case.  Please let us know if you see performance issues.

Thank you for helping us test 6.0.6 Beta 2.  Let us know if you find any new issues.  You can download Beta 2 from here.

8 replies to this idea

I appreciate the steady march to improving the Mac version of EN. Two persistent problems that I have encountered:

1.  Erroneous autocomplete of tags containing hyphens in the tag field of a note.  This is very irritating, since the undesired tag has to be selected and deleted.  A workaround is to type a "." instead of a hyphen, backspace to delete the period, and then typing the hypen.  This produces the choice list that I rely upon for tag completion.  

2.  When I use the search box, search often occurs before I finish specifying the search criteria, sending EN into a paralyzing chase down a rabbit hole.  A "go" button or waiting until I hit the return key might prevent this.

I look forward to continued progress. 

Jay

• Level 5*

@Marcus, I take it as a good sign that no one has reported any NEW bugs for EN Mac 6.0.6 Beta 2.

I am still running Ver 6.0.3 on one of my MacBooks because I have been afraid of the serious performance issues reported for Ver 6.0.5 by some users.  I'm referring to not just slow performance, but the big lag when typing in a Note.

Do you think you have fixed these performance issues in Ver 6.0.6?

Do you expect to release Ver 6.0.6 GA anytime soon?

@Marcus, I take it as a good sign that no one has reported any NEW bugs for EN Mac 6.0.6 Beta 2.

I am still running Ver 6.0.3 on one of my MacBooks because I have been afraid of the serious performance issues reported for Ver 6.0.5 by some users.  I'm referring to not just slow performance, but the big lag when typing in a Note.

Do you think you have fixed these performance issues in Ver 6.0.6?

Do you expect to release Ver 6.0.6 GA anytime soon?

Thanks for the reminder.  

There is still a noticeable typing lag when trying to add text to large (text heavy) notes. 

Jay

• Level 5*

Marcus - Ticket# 936156 - happened to me with this beta. Never happened before and I don't know if it's a one off or something that has been there for a while and I just haven't come across it, but it is related to an attachment and you have been messing with that code.

• Level 5*

Marcus - Ticket# 936156 - happened to me with this beta. Never happened before and I don't know if it's a one off or something that has been there for a while and I just haven't come across it, but it is related to an attachment and you have been messing with that code.

Can you share with us what happened?

• Level 5*

Annotated an image, save/sync failed and the image now seems to be screwed on the mac client. The un-annotated version was available on the web (or in note history) so I didn't lose any data but my note has a big white placeholder where the image should be and no image.

Archived