How do I avoid the "this note contains unsupported formatting" issue?

I keep making notes and then when I update them on my PC, I start getting the dreaded "this note contains unsupported formatting" notification when I open the note in Android.  Why is this happening and how can I prevent this? It makes dealing with the app very frustrating.  I recently switch from iOS and I did not have all these kinds issues I am having on Android (Droid Turbo).

• 11 months later...

Hello all,

When you receive the "This note contains unsupported formatting" error for a note there are a couple of things you can try to correct this:

1. Open the note through the Evernote application and simplify the formatting of the note by highlighting the contents of the note and going to Format > Simplify Formatting.
  2. If you still encounter this after using the simplify formatting option, please try removing the strikethrough text that you might have in the note.

If you still see this though, please let me know.

• Level 5*
On January 26, 2015 at 3:16 PM, friis said:

I start getting the dreaded "this note contains unsupported formatting" notification when I open the note in Android.

Can you post some specific examples.
I would expect this to happen sometimes, but the majority of formatting should work across platforms.

Clipping web pages often creates this problem. The other thing I know creates this problem is putting bullets or check boxes inside a table. You can do that in Windows, but you won't be able to edit it on the fly in Android.

Archived