Enhancement on Scans

TechBarber

Idea

For the most part, the way a scan is "enhanced" after a photo is taken is quite helpful. There have been occasions though where I'll scan a piece of my kid's artwork and when the enhancement kicks in it totally ruins the scan. 

Is there a way to toggle the enhancement on/off?

5 replies to this idea

Another strenuous vote for making this an option for the user. It's such a "so close" situation it hurts - if I'm scanning purely for data, Scannable is great. Incredible, even. For aesthetics, it drops to "useless," and adds insult by showing us a perfect scan before it "fixes" it. Please address.

The app is really great but I experienced the same issue many many times now. Of course, after you scanned the picture, you can modify it and restore the original color. BUT, the app should scan in a quick and effective way, right? The current solution needs 3 clicks FOR EVERY scan (that means... 1) click on picture you just scanned 2) click settings 3) click restore. Way too long! So for each scan I do, I have to do this over and over again. Not really effective but time-consuming! ☹️

So let's say, when you scan pictures/documents that have e.g. light grey color in it, you can barely see it after the enhancement is made. Other examples are pictures as described before where you want to have the original color. My suggestion is as follows. You should enable a function under "Settings" with the name "Color enhancement" where there are 3 options to choose from:

1) Default (= Scannable default enhancement)

2) None (= Keep original color)

3) Individual (= Create your own "enhancement profile", e.g. brightness 30% and contrast 40% --> no more settings needed I guess)

This way you can always choose what fits best. Plus, it's really effective since you can set your preferred "color enhancement" setting as default. How does that sound? 😃

p.s.: Please make sure to vote when you like this feature (click on the arrow on the upper corner in the left) , otherwise, it doesn't get much attention, thx 😉 

Archived