Table colours

Is there any way to select separate columns or individual boxes in tables and make them different colours? I am using the tables for the first time and am making a weekly schedule and I find it helps me to organise and plan when I can colour code certain things - and I don't want to just colour code the text. 

• Level 5*

Is there any way to select separate columns or individual boxes in tables and make them different colours? I am using the tables for the first time and am making a weekly schedule and I find it helps me to organise and plan when I can colour code certain things - and I don't want to just colour code the text. 

EN Mac now (as of Ver 6.0.5) supports this feature.  Just select the cell(s), right-click on the selection, and choose Table Properties.

You can also create the table in another app like MS Word, and highly customize it including background colors, and then copy/paste the table from Word to Evernote.  This should work in both EN Win and EN Mac.

• 2 years later...

The Windows application still needs a bit of love when it comes to formatting :P  specially when it comes to tables... Found it so very frustrating not being able to color code as i go... I have to copy it out into word, then back in again...  as i do my project reports in it and i use a table as kind of a progress bar to show an overview of the progress of the project.  Looks really good, managers love it,  just a pain to maintain.

Its nice and high on my wish list for Evernote - and i can see that it is currently in the Beta release 2 so super excited about seeing that come!

• 1 month later...

Archived