Renewal Madness

Evernot Weirdness - you can't renew before your renewal date.

My premimum renewal is up in mid-Feburary 2015.  I have some money in a biz account that must be spent by the end of JAN2015, so I thought I'd get a jump and renew my premium account now.

After searching thru all the account settings and finding nothing, I turned to Chat Support.  According to Chat Support - it can't be done (shy of canceling my current account, losing a month or so, and then signing up and paying again).

Really Evernote - you have a customer with money in hand, ready and willing to give it to you, and you're saying Nope, wait your turn?

Really?

This has to be the dumbest business practise I've heard of in a very long time.

EVERNOTE - I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY.

Please get your S**t together and figure out how to actually sell stuff.

Thanks - Tom S.

Hmm, there does seem to an issue with this kind of thing lately. Below I've copied some advice I just gave to another user (slightly modified for your use case) and suggest you do what I suggested she do:

At this point, I recommend you Private Message both GBarry, the Forum Mananger and Nancy Fu Magee, the Accounts Manager, together in one group message and:

▶ Start by stating your goal, which is renew your Premium Subscription before the end of you business's fiscal year, because you HAVE to & explain why, without losing the time still left on your current subscription.

▶ Detail, in bullet points, what you have tried so far and exactly what responses you got from Customer Support. Stress that you find it unacceptable to be penalized for paying your bill early.

Good luck! And please let us know what comes of all this.

Evernot Weirdness - you can't renew before your renewal date.

My premimum renewal is up in mid-Feburary 2015. I have some money in a biz account that must be spent by the end of JAN2015, so I thought I'd get a jump and renew my premium account now.

After searching thru all the account settings and finding nothing, I turned to Chat Support. According to Chat Support - it can't be done (shy of canceling my current account, losing a month or so, and then signing up and paying again).

Really Evernote - you have a customer with money in hand, ready and willing to give it to you, and you're saying Nope, wait your turn?

Really?

This has to be the dumbest business practise I've heard of in a very long time.

EVERNOTE - I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY.

Please get your S**t together and figure out how to actually sell stuff.

Thanks - Tom S.

Tom... you can buy Evernote points. One way to do so would be to buy a gift certificate for a year's premium... send it to yourself... redeem it (via the email sent)... and those points will sit in your account (account settings page) until you need to use them... or you could send the certificate to me... and then I will send you further instructions.  :lol:

BTW... A year's subscription gives you 120 points. If you'd like to visit the EN headquarters and get a tour, you can buy additional points.

• Level 5*

Don't what I'm missing here,  but I just went to the Settings page online (log in at https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action) and saw my subscription expires in September this year.  Just next to the date was a link to "Extend my subscription" and following that got me to a payment page that seemed to have every intention of continuing my subscription after it's current expiry date.  Evernote seemed to have no problem potentially taking my money...

Don't what I'm missing here,  but I just went to the Settings page online (log in at https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action) and saw my subscription expires in September this year.  Just next to the date was a link to "Extend my subscription" and following that got me to a payment page that seemed to have every intention of continuing my subscription after it's current expiry date.  Evernote seemed to have no problem potentially taking my money...

I am assuming here so tbh I have no idea what the exact problem is..

Enough to say the poster seems to be having some sort of difficulty

I assume they are referring to purchases through App store etc...  (again I dont know)

I have never had this problem myself...

However I bought my premium not from the app store.

I guess all the various ways to get your premium subscription could present some sort of problem depending on how you go about doing it.

I'm guessing that @Tom-2020 has already found a way to use the cash in his account before the end of this month - with or without the suggestions on this thread. I think he just needed to get it out of his system and let off some steam -  in typical hit-and-run fashion.

It's possible that the agent on chat support didn't explain clearly. If you cancel your subscription via your Account Settings, you do not lose any Premium time. Your account will still be Premium until your subscription expiration date (mid-February in Tom's case) - you're just canceling the auto-renewal on that date. However, canceling your subscription also exposes the Extend Premium option at www.evernote.com/Checkout.action so that you can get more Premium by paying for another month or year. By default, we hide that option for customers who are already Premium, unless we know that their subscription is not going to automatically renew (which is probably the case for you, gazumped).

Or, as Frank helpfully points out, you can also buy a gift code and send it to yourself for Points.

I'd like to address your frustration about why this option is not available to you when your subscription status is active. When we leave the payment option un-hidden for active subscribers, some people come to that page and pay again, not understanding that they've now paid for 2 years of Premium. In addition, there are complications when mixing App Store subscription payments with additional credit card payments via our website, specifically that we cannot verify whether an iTunes subscription will be renewed on the subscription expiration date - we just need to wait for that renewal to happen (or not). There are more people who complain about "double charging" than there are people with your complaint about "why can't I give you more money," so this particular limitation was a quick fix to protect more customers from a poor user experience rather than optimizing to take more money faster from a smaller number of customers. I'll keep in mind your concern as we redesign the payment pages. Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately, not for me (see screen cap below).  I didn't subscribe via any app store, it's always been thru the web interface on this site.  And no, I didn't go thru any ridiculous hoop jumping just to renew early, it's not worth it for such a small dollar amount, I'll wait until I can actual renew by, you know, clicking on a renew button/link.

As to Nancy's explanation - bwhahahahahahaha - oh you're serious.  There are 100's of examples of companies "doing it right", how Evernote can be so incredibly blind to simple account management is beyond belief.  There are dozens of ways to prevent the problems you described, yet instead Evernot has chosen to turn away paying customers.  Good thing I really (REALLY) like how Evernote the App works, or I would be using my remaining time before my renewal is up to find a company ready to take my money.

I posted, not in any great hope for a real (i.e. easy) solution, but in the hopes that some bean counter would be forwarded this thread and after picking his jaw up from the floor, fix the problem.

From the posts so far, I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

4U7cK81.png

As to Nancy's explanation - bwhahahahahahaha...

I posted, not in any great hope for a real (i.e. easy) solution..... From the posts so far, I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

There are ways to treat these mood swings. Not sure if the EN forum will help. 

Archived