Is there a difference between syncing and uploading and Sharing?

A general questions and possibly a lengthy response is needed:

(currently using EN free version on apple iOS devices)

How is/are this/these feature(s) used in EN? I am reading a limit to uploading capacity.

Is EN Web the EN Hub?

Is there a way to NOT have everything be stored/uploaded/synced on the EN Hub? 

Can I access certain notebooks/notes on one device and opt out another?

I have a samsung tab that allows me to share content or allow content to be synced to other samsung services/devices. Is that the same concept for Evernote Web? How do you or CAN you turn that option off? Are these concepts separate?

I have used other services (dropbox, office365, amazon kindle, etc) for uploading my camera and massive pdf files to the cloud or to an app. I mainly do this so that I don't use all my storage space on my devices as well as ensure my devices run smoothly. But I want some items accessible on one device at all times.

-I think I can follow along

• Level 5*

Yes.  Evernote devices sync changes to and from the central server.  Your phone (forinstance) will update the server with any changes you have made while using Evernote on that device.  When you start Evernote on another device,  it will also sync,  downloading any changes you made elsewhere in preparation for further changes which it,  in turn will sync back to the server.  It's important to sync your current device both before and after you make any changes to notes,  and not to use more than one device at a time to make changes - it confuses the system.

Uploading is one part of the sync process - that of sending information to the server,  and you're allowed up to 60MB of uploads each month with the free version.  Then the counter resets and you get another 60MB and so on.  You can upload up to 720MB per year for as long as you use Evernote.  Premium subscribers get 4GB per month plus the option of buying more if required.  The annual total can be nearly 100GB.

Sharing means making your notes available to others and has no connection with syncing or uploading.

How is/are this/these feature(s) used in EN? I am reading a limit to uploading capacity.

See answer above

Is EN Web the EN Hub?

Yes

Is there a way to NOT have everything be stored/uploaded/synced on the EN Hub? 

Yes.  'Local Notebooks'  The contents are not uploaded,  but can't be accessed anywhere else but on the device on which they were created,  and can't be shared.  Local notebooks can't be created on mobile devices,  only on desktop machines.

Can I access certain notebooks/notes on one device and opt out another?

All synced notebooks will be available on all devices connected to the account.  It's not possible to opt out of access on any single device,

I have a samsung tab that allows me to share content or allow content to be synced to other samsung services/devices. Is that the same concept for Evernote Web? How do you or CAN you turn that option off? Are these concepts separate?

Sounds similar,  but see comments above.  You'd have to ask Samsung support how to use that service.

I have used other services (dropbox, office365, amazon kindle, etc) for uploading my camera and massive pdf files to the cloud or to an app. I mainly do this so that I don't use all my storage space on my devices as well as ensure my devices run smoothly. But I want some items accessible on one device at all times.

Local notebooks and synced notebooks occupy hard drive space on desktop machines.  Provided notes can be uploaded to the server within note size limits (25MB max for free users) and Upload Limits (see above)  they will be available on any device connected to the account.  Note that large files will take a long time to re-download to a mobile device,  and won;t be available without a network connection.

Archived