Evernote for iOS v7.6.4 Released

cifip

Idea

• Level 5

​Hi all,

This morning we released Evernote for iOS 7.6.4, and it should be available to everyone in the App Store shortly.

We've primarily focused this release on app hangs and app crashes plus we added a few features.

New Features in 7.6.4:

• Added Work Chat as a configurable section on the home screen:
    • We've moved the work chat icon on the home screen into it's own configurable section (along with Personal Notes, Notebooks, etc.). You can move this section up or down in your preferred order, enable/disable chat details (most recent chats), or disable this section (disabling this section will return the Work Chat icon to the top of the home screen).
  • Other Work Chat improvements:
    • Within a note or notebook, tapping the Work Chat icon will now launch the chat composer view. This is to make it clearer that you will be sharing that note or notebook with the selected recipients.
    • iOS now supports receiving multiple notes in Work Chat. Desktop Evernote clients can send multiple notes, we wanted to make sure that the iOS app can receive them.
    • You can now paste a list of email addresses in the "to" field to start a work chat.
  • Improved Document Camera recognition:
    • Updated our camera SDK to improve document recognition and help with Post-It® recognition.

Notable bug fixes:

• Reduced frequently reported app hangs and crashes, including "hang on launch" and "blank note" issues
  • Moving notes from a personal notebook to a business notebook sometimes dropped attachments
  • App crashed when moving a business card to a business or shared notebook
  • Invalid content sometimes created when duplicating a note
  • Pasting public/private note links should now appear as green (instead of blue)
  • Fewer camera crashes for iOS 7.0 devices

You can download the Evernote for iOS app from the App Store.

We hope you like the latest release and are eager to hear your feedback.

Cheers!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

New Features in 7.6.4:

• Added Work Chat as a configurable section on the home screen:
    • We've moved the work chat icon on the home screen into it's own configurable section (along with Personal Notes, Notebooks, etc.). You can move this section up or down in your preferred order, enable/disable chat details (most recent chats), or disable this section (disabling this section will return the Work Chat icon to the top of the home screen).

Love this, allows me to pretty much remove Work Chat from my screen real estate as it's a function I doubt I'll ever use. Hopefully the Mac team will see this and think it's a great idea too!

I agree. Great to see the option to remove Work Chat from my screen. While I appreciate this is a feature for business users and have no problem with it being part of Evernote, I will never ever use it for my personal Evernote activity. Thanks for giving us the option to hide the button.

7.6.4 crashes immediately upon launch on both iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Mini 2. I would think it was a device specific issue if it wasn't doing the same thing on both my iPhone and iPad. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted, but no matter what, it crashes on launch.

Archived