Moleskine Smart Stickers not working?

So I purchased the cool Moleskine Journals with Smart Stickers.

I set up the Smart Stickers' settings in my Galaxy Note 2 Evernote App.

I made a note and put a sticker next to it.

I took a picture with Page Camera (or Document Camera whatever its name is today).

No tags were assigned automatically but I saved the note anyway. Nothing happened after syncing with the cloud. The note remains untagged both in my Android and Mac apps.

What am I doing wrong?

• Level 5*

You should have received a ticket number,  but on recent experience it may be several days now before you get a response - have a look at the Chat function on the support page;  it might be easier to talk this through than to try to explain it by email anyway...  Good Luck!  (and when you find the fix,  please come back here and tell us!)

• 2 weeks later...

My smart stickers are not working either. I am using Android tablet and iOS devices. Worked sort of the first time but then never again. Also does not catch the reminder selected at top of daily planner nor does it capture any handwritten notes like advertised. I have uninstalled and re-installed and still not working. 

• Level 5*

The Moleskine weekly planner is only supported in iOS at the moment, though anything scanned in iOS will be visible to your Android. When you bought the planner you would have received three months premium membership as part of the package, so best advice is as above - submit a CS support request by choosing "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging into logging in to this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

There is a delay in handling email enquiries, but once you have a reference number you should be able to use the Chat feature (weekdays, PST) to get some quick feedback.

This is a technical issues not a payment issue. I have been a premium member for quite a while. The 3 free months is not actually 3 free months. What happens is Evernote gives points to existing Evernote premium users. My "class" of evernote user is not the issue. I have the "correct" notebook indicated during setup, etc. The stickers or the camera function within Evernote do not work. I plan to try with Evernote's new app Scannable to see if there is any difference

• Level 5*

Not suggesting some payment problem,  but that's the way to get Evernote CS to pay attention to your issue - plus premium users get attention,  while free users basically don't.  Seems  a shame to spend money on the Moleskine book without getting the access you expect.  Scannable will convert paper to PDF document,  but (AFAIK) it won't send your scans to a specific notebook,  or set up reminders....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using the Android app and have tried checking the reminder bubble next to a couple days and nothing. I can't help wondering how hard it would be to make sure things worked with both iOS and android before releasing features. For something like Scannable I can see the reasoning, but for something as simple as being able to detect a written check mark and create a reminder it shouldn't be that difficult. I am a premium subscriber and was before I bought the planner.

• Level 5*

I'm using the Android app and have tried checking the reminder bubble next to a couple days and nothing. I can't help wondering how hard it would be to make sure things worked with both iOS and android before releasing features. For something like Scannable I can see the reasoning, but for something as simple as being able to detect a written check mark and create a reminder it shouldn't be that difficult. I am a premium subscriber and was before I bought the planner.

I'm a couple of betas away from the current public release so I don't now know - is Moleskine scanning now baked into the public version? I know scannable and the daily planner aren't yet available,  but I'm not sure about the basic notebook. 

• 11 months later...

Thanks to everyone for this discussion so far. I just received this notebook as a gift and at first also had trouble getting the smart stickers to work. Happily, I just was able to troubleshoot this myself by adjusting the flash settings and making sure the notebook was on a dark/contrasting background. Once I turned off the flash and had the darker background, the camera was able to capture the smart stickers and the tags worked! Any folks going through the same thing might want to try adjusting the flash settings and the background of the notebook. 

Love this notebook, thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello folks! I was archiving my Moleskine Evernote Notebook last night by using the iOS app and document setting to use the camera to capture my notebook pages.

[iPhone 6S Plus, iOS 10, on Wifi at home] Yes everything is up to date.

I didn't use any flash, and it was certainly a contrasting background - yet only some (less than 50%) of the notes (all with the same smart sticker) were properly tagged and 'note-booked'. I want to know if the stickers only work once the note has uploaded to the server? Is this an OCR function that is in the cloud, or is the sticker recognition built into the iOS application?

I am curious if I was not patient enough (less that 5 minutes) before I manually put the note into the proper notebook and applied the correct tag(s). I would like to highlight that some of the notes did go automatically into the correct notebook with the correct tag; this is why I am wondering if there is a delay in the recognition of smart stickers.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, macneilpi said:

Hello folks! I was archiving my Moleskine Evernote Notebook last night by using the iOS app and document setting to use the camera to capture my notebook pages.

[iPhone 6S Plus, iOS 10, on Wifi at home] Yes everything is up to date.

This is the Android Help subforum. Please post iOS related question in the iOS Help subforum: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/216-ios-help/

• 9 months later...

My experience is comparable to that of those of you expressing your indignation here. The automated tagging promoted by Moleskine is, I think, a specious marketing lure. It clearly does not work as it purports to. No advantage accrues to the user; one might as well use any kind of notepaper, photograph it in Evernote and tag it manually, for this is just as efficacious. That said, if the tagging is in any sense effected through the Evernote cloud and not through the app. itself, as it indeed may be, then my problem may conceivably be imputable to the fact that the internet here is as slow as "an asthmatic ant carrying some heavy shopping".

Archived