disable business card scanner

buckethead

Idea

It would be great to disable (or ability to select per scan) the business card scanner feature.  Scanning documents that are of similar size or shape bring up the business card features even when you are not scanning a business card. 

17 replies to this idea

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay - we've been waiting on approval in the App Store...

In the newest version of Scannable (1.0.2 - released yesterday) - we've added the ability to remove business card formatting.  We've also improved our detection logic to reduce the number of incorrect business card classifications.

We hope this helps!

P.J.

I tried signing out of Evernote to disable "business carding" function.

But it did not work.

When I want the scanned files to upload to Evernote, I have to sign into Evernote in any way, then "business carding" occurs.

I miss several pages after scanning 20 pages of documents.....   such a waste of time.

Expecting to solve this issue in the next update and thank you for dedication on it.

Tommy,

Sorry my original post wasn't very clear - instead of signing into evernote by clicking the "Evernote" button in the app, you'll need to click "More" and choose Evernote from the list of apps... I know this is weird but it won't "Business Card" the scans.

Thanks, 

P.J.

that was doing the job the other day, but not today.

App still disconnected from my evernote account, but the problem is: Evernote extension isn't one of the"more" options anymore. Still got FB, google+, icloud and some other extensions, but evernote disappear. Went to check if extension was disable, but it's simply not shown on the extension list page. That's weird, since it's there in Safari

+10 off the business cards. Scannable - kind of useless, and two clever for its own pants - please just switch off the whole business card thing, don't want it, don't need it... I do want to scan my receipts, at present cannot... back to genius scan I suppose. The work around above is much too long-winded.

Thanks!

Is there any way to convert notes that are created as "Business Card" notes to regular notes?

I use Scannable to scan 3x5 cards that I use for taking notes. It creates a big mess, as others have indicated. In several cases I no longer have the original cards and need to work with what I have.

Thanks.

The workaround which I found was to copy the scanned image, create a new note, and paste the image in as the body before deleting the "business card"  (unfortunately this needs to be done for each note).  

Is there any way to convert notes that are created as "Business Card" notes to regular notes?

I use Scannable to scan 3x5 cards that I use for taking notes. It creates a big mess, as others have indicated. In several cases I no longer have the original cards and need to work with what I have.

Thanks.

But it did not work.

When I want the scanned files to upload to Evernote, I have to sign into Evernote in any way, then "business carding" occurs.

I miss several pages after scanning 20 pages of documents.....   such a waste of time.

Expecting to solve this issue in the next update and thank you for dedication on it.

Tommy,

Sorry my original post wasn't very clear - instead of signing into evernote by clicking the "Evernote" button in the app, you'll need to click "More" and choose Evernote from the list of apps... I know this is weird but it won't "Business Card" the scans.

Thanks, 

P.J.

But it did not work.

Thanks for the feedback.

We're are aware of this issue and are working on few things to fix the false "business carding" of a document. We did, however, come up with a workaround in the meantime.  Scannable only automatically processes business cards when you're signed into Evernote from within the app.  If you scan a document (like a receipt or an index card) that is incorrectly identified as a business card, you can delete the scan (just swipe up in the tray for a quick delete), sign out of Evernote, and continue scanning.  

When you're finished, click "More" instead of "Evernote" to save directly to the Evernote app (this assumes that you also have Evernote on the phone).  This will save the file to Evernote as a plain document instead of as a business card.

We realize this is cumbersome and apologize for the inconvenience!

P.J.

I have to jump on here.. often when I am scanning a document, it "thinks" it is a business card.  Worse yet, if I didn't take the time to go make sure what was saved in Evernote, yet tossed the paper, I have lost one side of my scan (if it was two sided).   This is a huge flaw.  

+1 for the ability to either disable the business card scanner or choose what type of scan a document will be.

I'm running into the issue where credit card receipts are added to Evernote as business cards. And there's no way (I've found) in Evernote to change a note from a "business card" to a regular note.

Archived