(Archived) Install Fails after Dec 2009 update

Hi. I had the previous version of Evernote installed since August 09, but after the WebOS update in late December '09 by Palm the application won't run on my Palm Pre. I can stil access my notes online but really the convenience is having my notes with me all the time on the Palm Pre.

I tried uninstalling the app, and then going to the App Catalog to install the Evernote app. After the install a popup comes up "Restart Required, System Adjustments must be made beofre installation can continue" with buttons for Cancel and Restart. When I click Restart, it says "Updating the System - do not remove the battery" and then the Palm logo appears. After two minutes the Launcher comes up and I can see the Evernote icon but with a yellow warning sign on it and the app does not run. Clicking on it brings up instead the App Catalog with warnings next to several applications.

What's going on? Is the current version of Evernote not compatible with the current version of WebOS from Palm?

We upgrade our Pre to the currently released version and successfully ran Evernote.

Evernote also submitted a new version to Palm a few weeks back and are waiting for approval. The unreleased version also ran successfully on the Pre.

The old version of the application has failed for a few users who have accounts with large numbers of tags and notebooks. We've fixed this problem with the latest version (version 1.0), however it's still under review and not generally available.

If you've got the SDK installed and know how to install applications on your phone over USB, I'm happy to give you v. 1.0.

I am a new Evernote user (as of 1/1/2010).

I recently (a few days ago) installed the WebOS update (1.3.5) in late December '09 by Palm on my Palm Pre.

I went to the App Catalog to install the Evernote app. After the install a popup comes up "Restart Required, System Adjustments must be made beofre installation can continue" with buttons for Cancel and Restart. When I click Restart, it says "Updating the System - do not remove the battery" and then the Palm logo appears. After two minutes the Launcher comes up and I can see the Evernote icon but with a yellow warning sign on it and the app does not run. Clicking on it brings up instead the App Catalog with warnings next to the Evernote applications.

Archived