Difference in searchability in same document when scanned as 1 vs. more pages with Scannable app

Exploration

Hi guys, 

I have just started using the Scannable app. When I only scan one page the search function seems to be working fine, but if I scan the same page together with another one and load this 2 page pdf document into evernote, the search ability is lost. I tried to search for the same words in the 1 and 2 page documents,  and it found most words in the 1 page, but none in 2 page docs. 

Do you have an idea about an explanation of this phenomenon? And maybe also a fix (one which is not scanning only single docs :-))?

Best, 

Anders

Scannable apparently converts 1-page scans to images, and multi-page scans to PDFs.  PDFs are searchable (via OCR) only for premium subscribers of Evernote, whereas image files are searchable for all users.  Are you a premium subscriber?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't know whether Scannable does any OCR by itself - I'd think not,  because the Evernote servers do that job for JPG and PDF files and it seems dumb to duplicate the work.  If your scans of 1 page go as JPGs this might explain why they're available quickly - the OCR queues for JPG and PDF are (apparently) different.  PDFs may take a while longer to process.  Do you have an old note you could go back and check on,  to see whether 2+ page documents are searchable after a few minutes or hours?

Archived