app vs web

JaneS

Idea

Why can't I open evernote.com on my android phone? I would rather just login and use Evernote on the web instead of through an app that won't let me log out without telling me everything's been erased from my phone! I don't know that everything has synced with the work I've done on my computer but having the app logged in 24/7 isn't very secure if someone grabs my phone, and before you say "upgrade to premium" there's no way I'm actually paying $ to have all the bugs I've been reading about in these forums! So I guess I'm asking two things... If I log out of the Evernote app on my android I have to download the app again, right? (Which is an absolute pain. Yes, my phone is password protected but if someone asks to use it I don't want to have to stand over their shoulder!) Will all my notes still be there?? Why in the world can't I just access the website on my phone? Sorry if this is a dumb question or has already been asked but I don't have time to wade through all these posts.

2 replies to this idea

Why can't I open evernote.com on my android phone? I would rather just login and use Evernote on the web instead of through an app that won't let me log out without telling me everything's been erased from my phone! I don't know that everything has synced with the work I've done on my computer but having the app logged in 24/7 isn't very secure if someone grabs my phone, and before you say "upgrade to premium" there's no way I'm actually paying $ to have all the bugs I've been reading about in these forums! So I guess I'm asking two things... If I log out of the Evernote app on my android I have to download the app again, right? (Which is an absolute pain. Yes, my phone is password protected but if someone asks to use it I don't want to have to stand over their shoulder!) Will all my notes still be there?? Why in the world can't I just access the website on my phone? Sorry if this is a dumb question or has already been asked but I don't have time to wade through all these posts.

Haven't checked this myself... As I dont share your concerns or point of view personally...

However I think if you go to your android browser or chrome etc... You can view the page as "desktop version".... this may help...

• Level 5*

Even with the new Beta web client,  viewing the content via a browser would be pretty impossible on a phone screen.  Evernote took the decision to build all the necessary functionality - including support requests - into the app as a convenience to users.

I didn't understand the comment "won't let me log out without telling me everything's been erased from my phone" - I use Evernote on my Android and start and stop the app several times a day.  If I have unsynced notes,  they're retained on the phone until I get to a wi-fi connection (I have it set to sync only on Wifi) and I don't lose data.  There's no need to buy premium unless you want to store some notes offline so they're available without a network connection.  And "all the bugs I've been reading about in these forums" are either from earlier versions or different operating systems,  because AFAIK the Android app has been behaving better than most Evernote clients lately.

Archived