Evernote widget for Androïd 4.4.2

Hi,

does anybody use the 3x2 widget on ANdroid 4.4.2 ?

Evernote works fine on my android 4.4.2 tablet, but the widget 3×2 won t work (although it did on my earlier tablet, with an earlier android version - ICS).

After installation, the notes (abstract) won t display in the widget. Instead a message 'we encountered a display problem for your note. Un-install 'Evernote widget', and download it again from Android Market'. But no re-install will work.

Would anybody have a suggestion ?

Thanks !

PS: I submitted this over one week ago to EN Support - but no sign of life...

I believe ICS is supported by the widget...

However the problem with android is it is generic to so many different kinds of devices... With bloat software a lot of the time....

The experience is different between the various different android phone companies... (Its not a systemic operating system like windows is on all PC's)

So it goes without saying that because of older versions of Android on certain devices, Evernote cant provide the best support for every single device on different versions of Ice Cream Sandwich, and Android....

I suggest you contact Evernote support...

Maybe uninstall both the widget and Evernote completely and re-install.. (Clean Uninstall)

You could maybe do a re-install of ICS too.. That might help... If you have exhausted other options.

Or if you are willing maybe update the device to Jelly Bean... Or maybe even roote the device to a more stock android version of ICS.. Or Jelly Bean.

thanks Lykoz.

I wasn't clear enough in my initial post :

. my OS is the most recent Android (jelly bean - 4.4.2)

. I have experienced (on an earlier machine) that EN worked properly on ICS.

Unfortunately, even after un-/re-installing both EN widget and EN, the widget won t work on JB :(

Rooting or downgrading my OS to have that widget sounds a bit of a bazooka solution... :ph34r:

Anybody any idea ? :wub:

Thanks !

thanks Lykoz.

I wasn't clear enough in my initial post :

. my OS is the most recent Android (jelly bean - 4.4.2)

. I have experienced (on an earlier machine) that EN worked properly on ICS.

Unfortunately, even after un-/re-installing both EN widget and EN, the widget won t work on JB :(

Rooting or downgrading my OS to have that widget sounds a bit of a bazooka solution... :ph34r:

Anybody any idea ? :wub:

Thanks !

I did not suggest downgrading your Android phone.... 

I thought you were running ICS. My bad if I misunderstood.

I suggested maybe upgrading the OS,,, Or re-installing the same Operating System.

This is somewhat of a controversial route.. But it may help... I also suggested maybe rooting as a second option to get a more stock android (pure google) version. (Do not do this if you are under warranty... It will void your warranty).

The reason I suggested rooting as a consideration.. Was based on the fact that you were using ICS... Which is an old OS - Which shows an old device... So it may have helped in that you would have a product without much support, suddenly being more supportable...

The fact that you are on Jelly Bean, changes things a bit... Jelly Bean is still sort of relevant... ICS is a lot less relevant these days to most companies. So devices with ICS and bloatware on Ice Cream sandwich may be overlooked in 2015..

While that widget may not work,  there are several other options - do any of them work?

no - none of the 4.

(btw, the only options I'm interested in are the ones offering a preview of the notes)

And thanks to both of you for your feed-back.

I just upgraded to Lollipop from Kit Kat on my Moto G 2014.  Evernote and Widget were working perfectly, but the upgrade has resulted in repeated requests to install the Widget on my Home Screen.  Have removed existing Widget and re-installed on home page repeatedly.  No luck.  Unable to post to Evernote.  Help anyone?

• Level 5*

Try unnistalling and reinstalling the app with a restart after uninstall.  If the widget remains unavailable you can at least (depending on your browser) share web pages by email to your Evernote email address...

Thanks, followed advice of uninstalling both Evernote app and widget, powering phone off, and re-installing both, but no luck.  I've been using the widget to post receipt photos directly to Evernote as well as composing notes with text to voice.  This is a serious flaw, making it much more difficult to post to Evernote.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

• Level 5*

OK then - I'd suggest you complete a bug report by choosing "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/.

It's not clear whether this is a generic 'bug' or some local glitch on your system,  or with your specific device.  Evernote will need some more information before they can even start working on it!

I'm running 4.4.2 with the notes list widget just fine...

Lucky you. I'm running EN widget on a 4.4.2 installed on Samsung Galaxy Tab S10.

Per above, the notes list won't work, displaying an error message.

Hopefully, Evernote will treat my request (Premium user), but for now, I haven't heard anything... So if anybody has a suggestion, thanks !

Hi. Just chiming in to mention I've heard that Lollipop still has some hiccups and is causing issues with other software too. Can't recall where I saw it, but if you're interested, I'd suggesting Googling for Android and Google forums to see if anyone can shed some light on things.

Hi all,

Evernote support answered (EVENTUALLY !) - which solved the problem in a matter of seconds (issue with uninstall of Samsung bundled Evernote - once properly uninstalled, widget works fine).

Could have been solved in 1 day instead of 3 weeks - but solved still...

Thanks to all for your answers !

my apologies, I did it - but struggle to remember how :angry: Tried multiple things, so didn't pay enough attention...

If I remember well, the app doesn't appear in the standard "uninstall menu". But I think there was a way somewhere offering "uninstall" - and it worked.

Or was that just I updated and it erased the "bundled" one ?

The fact is, my current Evernote appears in the Apps Mgr, and can be uninstalled...

Hope it helps !

Archived