Scannable Bugs and Improvments

Dusan

Idea

I really like scannable and so far I have scanned over 400 documents between beta version and current "live" version

- Last Beta version was way more stable than 1.0 live version thats available

- App is constantly crashing, mostly when I have more than one page

- So many receipts w/out bar code are being saved as Business Cards

- Scannable cant correlcty scan Insurance Cards (ones with film/foil over card)

- Have PDF as default for all of scans (including one page)

- Have option to have black/white instead of color

- Have one click option to save to Evernote (i know currently you have Always Save to Evernote)

- Have default name instead of Scannable Documents

13 replies to this idea

Feature Request:  I've been scanning some receipts recently and on several occasions, after they are scanned, the Scannable app classifies/turns the receipt scan into a 'contact' because the app is reading a URL or a name on the receipt itself (and thus erroneously classifying it as a business card/contact).  When it does this, there is no way to change this in the app. If there is a way you could provide a way for people to make this change after the document has been scanned, that would be great!  

Maybe put a drop down menu underneath the scanned doc/image that has options like: Receipt, Business Card, Document, Other with "Other" being a free from field.  

Hello Evernote,

Just downloaded the scannable app and it is wonderful.

If we could scan receipts and differentiate them to work related claims and directly sync to company claim system,

1) this will remove clutters from the wallet.

2) employees are able to do their claims with receipt supporting without having consolidate them at the end of trips, sometimes people might lose some receipts along the way.

Also,

receipts can be scan for personal tracking. I believe this rather convenient to translate the receipt into an itemised expenditure. User can easily see the frequency and monetary amount of products they purchase. 

Feature Request or Bug Fix:  After I scan a document, and I want to Export/deliver it to an online service (iCloud, Scanbot, Dropbox, Google Drive), the scan does not get uploaded to the service I select.  I have to go into the "More" menu to select "Open In..." feature in iOS to select Dropbox/Google Drive in order for the PDF to actually transfer.  Transferring the documents to Evernote seems to work pretty well.

I really like scannable and so far I have scanned over 400 documents between beta version and current "live" version - Last Beta version was way more stable than 1.0 live version thats available - App is constantly crashing, mostly when I have more than one page - So many receipts w/out bar code are being saved as Business Cards - Scannable cant correlcty scan Insurance Cards (ones with film/foil over card) - Have PDF as default for all of scans (including one page) - Have option to have black/white instead of color - Have one click option to save to Evernote (i know currently you have Always Save to Evernote) - Have default name instead of Scannable Documents

Can I ask what kind of 'default' name might be preferred?

Everytime after scanning a document and share this document to Evernote I get an error-message: 'Kan niet in Evernote opgeslagen worden' (Can not be saved into Evernote).

In the meanwhile the documents are being saved to Evernote, without any problem. Why does this error-message appear?

Everytime after scanning a document and share this document to Evernote I get an error-message: 'Kan niet in Evernote opgeslagen worden' (Can not be saved into Evernote).

In the meanwhile the documents are being saved to Evernote, without any problem. Why does this error-message appear?

This should be resolved in version 1.2.  Sorry for the problems!

This should be resolved in version 1.2.  Sorry for the problems!

Unfortunately, the error-message is a little different now, but the problem is still there..

It says 'Couldn't save "ontvangstbevestiging" to Evernote - Try again later or mail your scanned document'

The scan appears at Evernote anyway.

Email the document to yourself and the messages will stop :)  

The way that our saving to Evernote works is that Scannable tries to Save to Evernote immediately.  If for some reason we're unable to do so (e.g, poor connection, Evernote service error), we let you know through a push notification and try again next time you launch the app.  There are some rare scenarios where the save will never be successful. For example, if your default notebook has been deleted, then we will continually try to save to a notebook that isn't there and fail every time.  Another case is if the scan you're saving is exceptionally large and exceeds the maximum note size limit for your service level.

In these cases, we've provided a way for you to stop the attempts without losing your scanned document.  When you see this dialog repeatedly, just email the document to yourself and the notifications should stop.

I hope this helps!

P.J.

Archived