Scannable for Android?

Sansel

Idea

14 replies to this idea

First off, thank you for the cool iOS app!

But...+1 need android

Especially because Evernote is so otherwise cross-platform and web compliant. You might even have considered releasing this with a "beta" tag just to more properly set Evernote customer expectations. Barring that, when is the release date or date for a date?

• Like 1

I currently have Evernote Premium from a free 1 yr sub from Samsung. I've used Evernote Free for years. I'm trying to justify continuing the premium version. A tightly integrated scanning app would go a long way.

I don't use iOS at all. All Android...and Windows.  There doesn't appear to be an Android version of Scannable yet. Is there a Windows version?

Can Scannable be used with other scanners? I have a Brother MFP w scanner. How can I make that work?

Thanks.

John

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

I doubt there will be a Windows version, it's a mobile app.

The app is tied to the Evernote scanner - I doubt they will build integrations with the myriad of other scanners out there.

• Level 5*

Funny.. when I paid for my yearly account I paid in currency that works for all companies not just ones who choose certain operating systems. Hmmmm  \endsarcasm

And you paid for the service that exists not for stuff that might come in the future. 

There are so many sound business reasons for building for iOS first and then ironing out the teething problems before trying to develop for the shambles that is Android.

Funny.. when I paid for my yearly account I paid in currency that works for all companies not just ones who choose certain operating systems. Hmmmm  \endsarcasm

And you paid for the service that exists not for stuff that might come in the future. 

There are so many sound business reasons for building for iOS first and then ironing out the teething problems before trying to develop for the shambles that is Android.

That makes no sense... of course I paid for any additions in the year of my subscription. I paid the same as the IOS users did.    

I started using Evernote on the iPhone, because my Nexus 5 had a broken screen, and I just happened to have an iPhone 6 lying around. Not everyone that can afford an iPhone necessarily prefers it. Now I have a Nexus 5X and was disappoint to find the most awesome scanning app out there is not available for Android. Please please create scannable for Android as I'm considering buying the Pixel 2 next. Btw 2nd year into my premium subscription

On 6/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, Riz said:

It's funny how this was posted at 2015, and in 2019 there is still no scannable for android!

I was thinking the same thing, another year later. COME ON Evernote! We love your products; please help the android users!