Adding tags when saving to Evernote

jdoree

Idea

So, I can scan documents and save to Evernote but I can't add tags to what I'm saving? 

Am I missing something? Am I not looking in the right place to add tags?

I must be just not seeing how to do this because I can't imagine you would release this app without that feature.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

• Like 5

33 replies to this idea

Another +1 for this! I've actually never understood why Tags are not included when Evernote provides additional apps/tools for sending things to Evernote. This, along with the new option in iOS 8 to "Share to" Evernote, both disregard Tags! Why?!? When being introduced to Evernote, Notebooks and Tags are presented as equal options for organizing notes. Now I've come to rely on a combination of both, yet I have to go back into Evernote and tough the note a second time to add Tags. Very frustrating!

One related piece of feedback: if I am in the Web Beta version of EN, and try to add tags to business cards which were captured via Scannable, it won't let me do it. The fields are locked. Non-business card documents which were captured via Scannable are fine; I can add tags in Web Beta no problem.

Not sure if this is intentional or a bug?

Thanks, David

One related piece of feedback: if I am in the Web Beta version of EN, and try to add tags to business cards which were captured via Scannable, it won't let me do it. The fields are locked. Non-business card documents which were captured via Scannable are fine; I can add tags in Web Beta no problem.

Not sure if this is intentional or a bug?

Thanks, David

Yes, I noticed this too. Very frustrating. 

Evernote, which touts its tags and search based on tags so much, doesn't include adding tags in it's new document capturing app? This makes no sense. I see from above that Evernote is listening and we are not the first to ask for this feature so props to that. But seriously, why would't this be included from the get go?

Tagging wasn't included in Evernote's own built in document camera so I just assumed that this new capture app would include it. Nope, so far this seems to be the same document capture camera (albeit without Evernote's signature green color and instead has it's new fancy blue color) rolled into it's own separate app. At least for now.

So instead of capturing with the Evernote app and then opening the note to tag it, I am now expected to open the Scannable app to send it to Evernote, and then open Evernote so I can open the note so that I can tag it. 

Makes perfect sense to me. :/

+ 1 . Please add ability to tag prior to sending to evernote. My suggestion is adding the step at the stage where you can modify the title of the note. There is so much unused space there. You can simply have two extra buttons appear after clicking on the title which would let you add a tag or change notebook prior to auto-uploading to evernote. Easy peezy

+ 1 . Please add ability to tag prior to sending to evernote. My suggestion is adding the step at the stage where you can modify the title of the note. There is so much unused space there. You can simply have two extra buttons appear after clicking on the title which would let you add a tag or change notebook prior to auto-uploading to evernote. Easy peezy

+1 on the tagging ability. Also very good suggestion from Pasko

Cheers

Oliver

It's been a year since discussion about adding tags in Scannable.   Tags can be added when saving a photo or image from Photos (in IOS) to Evernote.     I'm using Scannable more and more but it is TEDIOUS to have to keep opening in Evernote to add the Tag.   LET'S GET THIS DONE!

• Like 1

I agree, BobBz! I don't understand why Tags seem to be an afterthought, even by Evernote themselves! Tags to me are just as important as Notebook names, and they are typically included. As I said, I just don't get it! And, why does it take so long to incorporate them after-the-fact...? I hope we hear something about this soon!

Tags please!  Just to add my voice. Scannable is great but to be able to add tags would make it perfect. 

I guess there must be some technical reason for it not to be possible. 

Evernote is al About productivity and a good workflow . Making us do a second step or what is called a (double dump) is so not what Evernote stands for . 

I realy hope there will be a update soon that allows us to add tags in scannable . It make perfect sense to do this 

I have thirt party apps that van do that with an API call but evernotes own scannable app cannot do that ? Bump this post/request up the focus list 

Two years on and still nothing? For something that I pay for this seems poor. It surely can't be that difficult to be able to add tags when saving a document. If it is, then someone please tell us why. This is like being stuck in traffic and not knowing why. 

I pay for Evernote, I was in several of the betas, I am an Evernote Certified Consultant. Heck, I am user number 403,301. I know this because they thanks me for being one of its earliest users. So I’m committed. But the fact is, after Phil left, the whole company has lost its vision. It doesn’t know what it is anymore. It needs help. It raises prices (one can only assume because its losing money) with very little added features. 

Evernote was a fantastic app it it’s day. Unfortunately that day has come and gone IF they continue on this path. I firmly believe that Evernote can come back and hold its place at the top of productivity apps but only if it changes its philosophy NOW. Wait any longer and apps like Bear or Google Keep will take over. 

Come on Evernote, step up your game!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jeff Brown said:

But the fact is, after Phil left, the whole company has lost its vision. It doesn’t know what it is anymore.

For me, Evernote has always been my digital filing cabinet, and continues to  provide this function.  This is my use of the "vision".

Me too, and it still is. Like I said, I am committed. Evernote just doesn’t realize that THAT is how it’s customers use it. It’s where Evernote came from. It was always billed as your digital filing cabinet, never forget anything, etc. Then it wanted to be a writing app. They’re are writing apps that ARE writing apps. Evernote is NOT (and never was) a writing app. It needs to get back to its roots and it’s core users. 

There is a workaround to adding tags with scannable.

use the send the scan to an email function instead of sending it to evernote.  and for the recipient, use your evernote email address (I have it listed as one of the preset emails under my name so it's easy to find).  and for subject you can use @folder name, and #tag name.  for example.  I emailed my xyz@m.evernote.com email a receipt I scanned, and the subject was @Reference #Tax 2018

the receipt got put into the Reference notebook, with Tax 2018 tag.

• Thanks 1