[Android] White background and white text problem

Hi,

Today a friend of mine created a new Notebook with only one Note with this iPhone 6 and Evernote App and shared all this to me. When I opened the note in my Android Nexus4 (Android v5.0.1) i see the note with white background and text, so i don't see the text until I select it.

I've attached two screen captures to show the problem.

Hope this can help to fig this bug.

Thanks a lot,

Edu

White background and text:

post-244808-0-01518000-1421148322_thumb.

Selected text:

post-244808-0-94512900-1421148318_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not sure that's a bug as such - and this isn't Evernote support - so I don't think we'll be able to help much..  Is that a large note or picture that your friend is sharing?  It looks like it takes a while to upload/ download - once you can see the note,  I'd suggest you add the content to your own notebooks so you have a full copy. 

Hi,

The note has only plain text. That's why I think it's a bug. I don't know how to submit a bug to Evernote Team, so I posted it here.

Both screenshots are from the same note. You can see that in the first screenshot the cursor is in the middle of screen, because the text is there, but in white color.

• Level 5*

Hi.  For support requests,  in Android,  go to Settings and scroll to the bottom of the menu for the support link.  On the website follow the support link.  In Twitter follow @Evernotehelps.

In this particular case,  it's not a known problem,  which is why I asked whether this was an unusual note in any way.  Try getting your friend to stop sharing,  and re-share the note?

• 1 month later...

If you select & copy the entire visible text from the uneditable viewing mode, select ALL invisible text & symbols from the pencil icon editing mode, & then paste the text selected from the viewing mode over the text you have selected in the editing mode, and then tap the Done icon in the upper left corner of the screen, voilà it is resolved.  A bit of a pain, but not as painful as the two or three other methods of getting around this bug!  There is likely an invisible symbol in the text that is changing it to white.

Archived