Clip page(s) from PDF to Evernote?

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to clip pages out of a PDF document to Evernote.  While I understand that I can send an entire PDF I'd ideally like to be able to send only certain pages - the analogue equivalent of tearing a few pages out of a magazine and filing them away

To make things harder I use Evernote across multiple devices so ideally I'd like a solution for IOS8, Android and Windows PC.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Thanks,

James

• Level 5*

Sorry, I don't do any PDF editing on iOS devices.  

I use Adobe Acrobat Pro on the Mac which works very well, but is a bit expensive.

I'm sure a Google search will turn up a number of good PDF editors and reviews.

• 1 year later...

What I'd like--and I think what the original poster was asking for--is a way to grab a block of text out of a PDF, in Acrobat (or Google Docs???), and with a click or a keystroke create a note in Evernote. I'd like it to contain information about the document (as, say, entered in Properties). Basically, I'd like it to work the way it does clipping stuff from the Kindle app. 

Is that possible from a coding standpoint? If so, I'm sure it would be in Evernote's interest, b/c it would greatly expand use of Evernote as a way of storing and tagging content.

• Level 5*
On March 9, 2016 at 7:33 AM, nccomfort said:

What I'd like--and I think what the original poster was asking for--is a way to grab a block of text out of a PDF, in Acrobat (or Google Docs???), and with a click or a keystroke create a note in Evernote.

On my Mac, I can use the Evernote Helper to screen clip grab a block of text out of a PDF.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

On my Mac, I can use the Evernote Helper to screen clip grab a block of text out of a PDF

That produces a screenshot (image) of the text.

If you want to copy the actual text in a PDF and create an EN Note, then:

1. Select the text in the PDF, and COPY
  2. Press the EN Mac or EN Win global hot key to create new note from Clipboard.
         OR
    Click on the Evernote Helper, and paste.
  • 1 month later...

On 3/9/2016 at 5:19 PM, DTLow said:

On my Mac, I can use the Evernote Helper to screen clip grab a block of text out of a PDF.

Is there any way to do this on Windows? Not the actual text, but an image of the PDF, and not the entire PDF, but a selection or clip?

• Level 5*

You can do it using a PDF reader or you can use the Capture screen function of EN (Tools-Options-Hot keys) or some other screen scraper.  If you use EN, hold the Ctrl key when you release the left button for the selection if you want to copy to clipboard.  Otherwise a note is created with the screen clip.

You can screen shot it, i have Skitch which is a software made by the same company to use with Evernote and you can do other cool stuff with it too like add text to imagesand other shapes to indicate to something like if you wanna point or circle it but you can Screen Shot any area you want to on a web page too, as for the clipping extension you can use the Screen Shot option to clip the whole page not just certain parts, if there is an article clipping the article part may work, sometimes it doesn't work on certain article formats but for the most part it works, PDFs on your computer Skitch is the way to go, PDFs online use the clipper or use Skitch for PDFs both on your computer and online.

Archived