checkbox feature

I can't be the only one who has discovered that the check box feature is very temperamental.   This is especially so while using it on my iPad (Air - i.e. the newest).  For no reason at all, hitting either the back space or enter will result in checkboxes being added in a row as opposed to in a column which is how I would always want them to be.

If I thought that the beta version had worked this out, I'd happily give it a go.

The other thing, unless I'm missing something - entirely possible, is that I find it lame that while I can check a box indicating that item on my to do list done.  I cannot delete all of the checked items.  I have to go in and delete that entire bullet item. 

In short, it's not at all very user friendly.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike. Welcome to Forum!

Just clarify, this a user forum, not a direct link to Evernote Tech Support, which is now only open to paid users. (Accept for account issues, i.e. you're having trouble accessing your account, but it's still might take a while.)

That said, we all do our best help each other where possible. It's very helpful if you always state what Evernote app(s) you're using. As in are having trouble with checkboxes on Windows, Mac, IOS, Android or...?

• Level 5*

Even without an OS though we can confirm that Evernote isn't a 'to-do' app and doesn't support much other than checkable boxes.  There is no way (yet) to hide or delete checked-off lines.  You do have to delete them manually.

• Level 5*

I use checklists all the time in the Windows. Not unusable.

I also use reminder notes, which you might find to be more usable for your workflow.

BTW, Wordsgood is not a gentleman.

Are these two apps (I assume they are apps) something that can be used in conjunction with Evernote.

Regardless, are they saved on a cloud so that they are available via all of your devices.

And here's the big one, do they have Windows Phone compatible app.  Typically the answer is NO to my chagrin.

Thanks,

Mike

• Level 5*

Wunderlist is a free to-do list app that works on the Windows phone and other platforms.  I use it for simple lists since I don't really use check box lists in EN, I use the reminders functionality instead.  FWIW.

Archived