Nothing works with Surface Pro 3

harriswilson

Literally nothing Evernote works on my new surface pro 3. The app in the windows store won't let me log in. Ever. I can download and log in to the desktop version, but Evernote can't retrieve my archived work. What's the deal? Can I fix this somehow or is it just a faulty product?

Hi Harris

Be aware that there is currently a huge synchronisation problem at Evernote for people using Windows clients - I know of at least six other discussion forums that are running on this problem, and am suggesting that unhappy windows users concentrate on a single discussion forum to get the message across to EN Support that they need to do something about this: here is my message pointing to a single forum:

Just in case you are reading this discussion forum and are suffering Evernote Sync problems yourself, please be aware that there are a number of other discussion forums dealing with the same problem.

Could I suggest that we all register collective displeasure at the apparent lack of support from Evernote on a single discussion forum? The one that seems the most active can be found at:

https://discussion.e...ug/#entry338437

Look forward to seeing you there!

• Level 5*

Hi @FerociousFeline - it's fair comment to pull the various threads together that involve the installed EN Windows Desktop app failing to sync - I was repeating myself in some of the different threads. 

Over the weekend we can't request that the site Admins merge several threads,  but that may well happen this week (if they get over the shock).  But linking everything regardless of cause into one thread isn't going to help.  We already have one guy posting about web-related problems,  which are going to have a different explanation and a different fix from the installed app.  And this is an authentication issue that isn't related to either.  Please lets concentrate on fixing the sync issues - or at least find out what's causing them - under the link you posted,  and deal with the rest of the enquiries (including this one) on their individual merits.

@harriswilson - Evernote Touch on the SP3 is generally a very poor shadow of the desktop app,  but you say you can't get to your 'archived work' - where and how was this created?  If it's an Evernote database you should be able to log in via Evernote.com to see your notes via a browser.  Can you try this and give us a bit more background about what's going on?

I bought a Surface Pro 3 last October and have struggled with Evernote syncing problems since then. Last evening, when I installed the latest version of Evernote, it finally synced fully with my desktop machine -- after months of frustration.

But now I've noticed a relatively trivial issue connected with Windows 8.1. For a long time, I have depended heavily on the keyboard shortcut control-shift-F5 to move the list of notes back and forth between the left side of the screen and the top. Unfortunately when I use it now, that keystroke combination calls up a Windows search box. Is there any way of resolving this problem -- perhaps by changing the shortcut in either Evernote or Windows 8.1?

• Level 5*

I bought a Surface Pro 3 last October and have struggled with Evernote syncing problems since then. Last evening, when I installed the latest version of Evernote, it finally synced fully with my desktop machine -- after months of frustration.

But now I've noticed a relatively trivial issue connected with Windows 8.1. For a long time, I have depended heavily on the keyboard shortcut control-shift-F5 to move the list of notes back and forth between the left side of the screen and the top. Unfortunately when I use it now, that keystroke combination calls up a Windows search box. Is there any way of resolving this problem -- perhaps by changing the shortcut in either Evernote or Windows 8.1?

That key combination isn't configurable in Evernote - you'd have to Google the Win 8 options.  It still works for me however in the latest EN desktop and Windows 8.0..

Thanks for this suggestion. I will pursue it. But I wonder if there is perhaps a menu command that also shifts the position of the notes list? If not, it's a serious oversight. Generally I like to have the list at the top, because I often have a browser open on the other part of the screen; but occasionally I expand Evernote to fill the full screen, and in that case it's much more sensible to have the notes list off to the left.

• 1 month later...

I have a surface pro 3 with Windows 8.1 and find that Evernote does not work well.

Specifically:

• Touch scroll does not work inside notes
  • The microsoft pen cannot be used to write notes
  • Synchronization is slow.

I do not have these issues on the IPAD or my windows 7 laptop.

Is this generally an issue with the Surface Pro 3 Line or is there something wrong with my setup.?

• Level 5*

I have a surface pro 3 with Windows 8.1 and find that Evernote does not work well.

Specifically:

• Touch scroll does not work inside notes
  • The microsoft pen cannot be used to write notes
  • Synchronization is slow.

I do not have these issues on the IPAD or my windows 7 laptop.

Is this generally an issue with the Surface Pro 3 Line or is there something wrong with my setup.?

Evernote did post recently (and unusually) that an upgrade was on the way - the current set-up is very limited compared with other platforms;  it's apparently due to get better...

I've had no problems getting my Surface Pro pen to work as a text input device. However, I never use the "handwriting notes" option; having my hand writing converted to text just works really well for me. My sync speed seems fine (especially compared to my old Vista system). Scrolling is problematic as is some other "touching" when using the pen.

Archived