dictating daily notes using Evernote on PC and Android

is there anyone keeping a daily update of activities by dictating ongoing notes throughout the day on both PC and Android phone? I'm wondering if it's possible to use a wireless Bluetooth headset at is interchangeable between both the PC and the device

• Level 5*

Hi - in my (admittedly limited) experience of bluetooth headsets,  they get rather confused when confronted by two devices with which they are paired.  Unless you can switch bluetooth off in the device you're not using,  getting the headset to work at all might be an issue...

As to dictating,  that's fine for short notes - and on my Android speech-to-text works rather well.  But for creating new notes,  tagging and a variety of other options I'd imagine you'd need to do this effectively,  the voice-only option might be impractical.  Wired headsets are pretty cheap these days - I'd suggest acquiring one of those to try out exactly what you want to do to see whether it will work effectively.  If a cheap headphone test works,  then you can look into some of the more expensive headsets and choose between the many in / on and over - ear options available.

Thanks gazumped, I was thinking along the same lines. The best way to figure this out it is to get a Bluetooth headset and start experimenting. Seems obvious for the device, just not sure how to record voice to text on the PC. Preciate your help.

• Level 5*

Dragon Naturally Speaking is the usual suspect in that sort of use case,  but I did see that the new MSOffice 2013 includes that feature in Word.  No experience whatsoever with either recently,  though I do recall that going through the 'training' process with Dragon took some time before it could get to grips with my accent and verbal shorthand.  Things might've improved some since then...

Thanks gazumped, I was thinking along the same lines. The best way to figure this out it is to get a Bluetooth headset and start experimenting. Seems obvious for the device, just not sure how to record voice to text on the PC. Preciate your help.

Archived