Is it possible to EXCLUDE certain notebooks from evernote CONTEXT feature?

Hi everyone, 

Recently I have been seeing lots of context notes unrelated to my topic. Evernote currently pull from notebooks such as archives, which I want to exclude, is there a way to do that?

On the topic of notebook exclusion, can I exclude certain notebook from given search? 

Thanks for help! 

• Level 5

Metrodon is correct.

A work-around solution, I use, is to add a tag to all the notes in the archive notebook. Adding a tag to a group of notes can be done very quickly. For the notes in the archive notebook, I add a tag named X.

To suppress all the archive notes, I add -tag:x to my search term. 

• 2 months later...

The single biggest thing Evernote could do to make it more functional for me would be to allow us to exclude any set of notebooks from a search and/or specify a specific set of notebooks to search.

The single biggest thing Evernote could do to make it more functional for me would be to allow us to exclude any set of notebooks from a search and/or specify a specific set of notebooks to search.

Currently, both of your requests can also be achieved with the tagging strategy mentioned above. That, I think, is the official "workaround". 

If one is averse to tagging, you can search a specific set of notebooks by nesting them all in a stack... and clicking on that stack or tapping on "View all notes in this stack" on mobile (at the bottom of the notebook list within an expanded stack). 

• Level 5*

A fundamental issue with EN Context is that the user cannot specify the sources to used or excluded.

All good researchers know that you must vet your sources before you use them.

And even with my own Notes and/or my office teammates, there can certainly be Notes and Notebooks that are NOT suitable to be used as a source.

So, having a bunch of Context windows popup from a wide variety of sources, of which many/all I have NOT vetted, is of little use to me, and actually an annoyance.

Recently I have been seeing lots of context notes unrelated to my topic. Evernote currently pull from notebooks such as archives, which I want to exclude, is there a way to do that?

• Level 5*

So, having a bunch of Context windows popup from a wide variety of sources, of which many/all I have NOT vetted, is of little use to me, and actually an annoyance.

Agree, to the point I have Context turned off.  Not worth the bother, for me anyway.

• 9 months later...

Archived