Scannable - Does it do more than the Evernote Premium Scanning Function?

Analyst444

So I have Evernote premium. It has great document, business card, photo, etc. scanning capabilities.

1. Does Scannable do anything more?
  2. Or is Scannable just an unbundled version of the scanning functions that come with Evernote Premium?
  3. If Scannable has more functions and capabilities, what are they?
  4. If yes, wouldn't it make sense for the benefit of its customer for the Evernote developers to incorporate those additional functions and capabilities into Evernote Premium?

1. Scannable offers similar functionality, but re-thought to be something you may use more often, even when Evernote is not your final destination. 

2. I wouldn't quite express it this way… it's really a different use case  :)

3. Scannable has the ability to quickly capture and create multi-page PDFs to email and other places

4. Yes, improvements to the core engine are shared back to the Evernote apps where appropriate, so everyone benefits. 

I hope that helps explain.

• 6 months later...

Question:  gave me the Evernote virus. So I started moving everything to Evernote. He showed me Scannable. So I started scanning everything with Scannable.

When I scan, Scannable says "Couldn't save to Evernote"

It is driving me MAD - so mad, that it reflects badly on my new best friend Evernote.

Turning off and back on auto-upload doe snot fix it, nor does deleting and reinstalling the app. I use an iPhone 6 with latest version of iOS and latest version of Scannable (just installed the update this week).

What can I do to fix this?!

• Level 5*

Have you updated to Scannable 1.2 yet?  https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/86432-scannable-12-with-new-color-restore-feature-more/

If you're having problems with Scannable have you tried Evernote's native document camera option yet?

There have been problems with saving before -

EN Employee @PeeJay Tee -

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/85891-scannable-says-content-uploaded-to-evernote-when-it-hasnt-been/?p=369153

The way that our saving to Evernote works is that Scannable tries to Save to Evernote immediately.  If for some reason we're unable to do so (e.g, poor connection, Evernote service error), we let you know through a push notification and try again next time you launch the app.  There are some rare scenarios where the save will never be successful. For example, if your default notebook has been deleted, then we will continually try to save to a notebook that isn't there and fail every time.  Another case is if the scan you're saving is exceptionally large and exceeds the maximum note size limit for your service level.

In these cases, we've provided a way for you to stop the attempts without losing your scanned document.  When you see this dialog repeatedly, just choose to email the document to yourself and the notifications should stop.

I have upgraded (even today)

The notebook exists

I am one of the rare cases

Uploads do succeed, yet the error messages keep popping up

Emailing is exactly what I want to stop doing; that's why I start using Evernote and Scannable

Help!

Archived