Bug: Unordered List Bullet Tab Indent Improperly Indents Text

Hi,

I've noticed a bug persistent on Chrome in the Web Beta. Basically, just make a bulleted list. On the first line, write any text, "enter" for the second bullet, and then tab to indent that bullet. It intends properly but also tabs into the text field, when really you just want to indent the bullet not the text. It sounds trivial but happens many times per session. 

I've noticed this seems to not be an issue in Safari, although I've used it significantly less there. 

Update: actually it occurs in Safari as well. It isn't 100% reproducible there or in Chrome, but so far I've noticed it occurring after some short time typing in any note.

Hi MikeFlores, 

I'm seeing this in a very specific scenario and was wondering if you can confirm that this is the case for you. Would like to make sure we get the exhaustive list of scenarios that are having issues; 

If I do the following steps I can see the issue you mention where we have extra spaces. We can fix this in a future release: 

• Tab (On a line with no bullet)
  • Then Click "Bulleted List button" 

I do not see the issue when I do what you said: 

• Click "Bulleted List" button 
  • Type something 
  • Enter
  • See a new line with a bullet
  • Tab
  • Type something else
  • (There are no extra spaces in this case) 

Hi MikeFlores, 

I'm seeing this in a very specific scenario and was wondering if you can confirm that this is the case for you. Would like to make sure we get the exhaustive list of scenarios that are having issues; 

If I do the following steps I can see the issue you mention where we have extra spaces. We can fix this in a future release: 

• Tab (On a line with no bullet)
  • Then Click "Bulleted List button" 

I do not see the issue when I do what you said: 

• Click "Bulleted List" button 
  • Type something 
  • Enter
  • See a new line with a bullet
  • Tab
  • Type something else
  • (There are no extra spaces in this case) 

Hey nanphan,

I initially thought it would only happen on the first line indent, but I'm actually observing it right now in all indents in some of my notes. Perhaps it has something to do with the formatting after items have been pasted in (when I open a note that was never pasted in to, I don't observe it; with notes that were, I can do it every time). In this note that's been pasted in to, it's worth noting it happens on every indent. Every tab to create an indented bullet will have the text indented from the bullet as well.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Level 5

@acheong87, can you give any more detail about the exact procedure you are using when the problem occurs? Using v. 6.13.0 of the Web client beta with Opera as my browser, I started a bulleted list, typed a couple of words, pressed Enter to get the next bullet, pressed Tab, and the bullet simply indented to the next level, with no extra space. Continuing to press Tab and Shift+Tab indented and "outdented" properly.