All of my notes "jumped" out of their notebooks!

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but not new to Evernote. I just want to say that I LOVE this application AND I didn not know all that it was capable of. I can't say enough good things about it.

I do have a question. I have several Notebooks with notes in them. Today, I accidently removed all of the notes from their notebooks. I don't know how I did it:( All of the notes seem to be there under the "notes" tap, but no folders.

Can someone help me try to figure out what I did? Also, how to get my notebooks back and those notes back into their proper folders?

Thank you SO much!

DebLyn

• Level 5*

Are you in the all notes view by any chance (top screen on the IOS device selected Notes)?  If you go to one of your notes on the iPad, what notebook does it say the note is in?

• Level 5*

You are looking at the All Notes collection, which as its titled, shows you all of your notes without regard to their notebook. You cannot remove notes from their notebooks unless you move them to different notebooks, since each note belongs to exactly one notebook at a time.

csihilling,

Yes, it is in the all notes section. All of my notes were in notebooks, and now they are all together in the notes tab. There is no longer a "notebook" tab. When I open a note, I don't see anywhere where it says which notebook it is suppose to be in. I guess i don't know where to look. (I have the free version)

Well, the notebooks tab just showed back up. I started pushing "buttons". i clicked on the "trunk" button having NO idea what it would do. When I went back to the previous page, the notebook tab was there again. I still wih I knew what I pushed earlier to make it disappear though.

THANK you both SO much for your responses.

Archived