Cannot connect to ScanSnap (+ one other suggestion)

amcoffin

Hi -

Downloaded the app, and the basic scanning features look solid. However, I cannot get the app to find my Evernote ScanSnap. My ScanSnap is configured on my wireless network, and connects property to my iMac. My iPhone 6 is connected to the same network, but cannot find the ScanSnap when I select that option from the Scannable main screen. I've tried restarting everything. What am I missing? What else can I try?

--------------

One other suggestion -- though Scannable appears to do an excellent job optimizing the color/contrast for relatively plain printed pages, it would be nice to be able to adjust (or eliminate) the color correction for some documents, especially those heavy with photos/graphics (a magazine cover, for instance).

Thanks for your help....

Thanks for the feedback amcoffin. We're working on making Scannable work better for magazines and other more photographic content. 

As for the ScanSnap connection problem, here's a few items you might want to check.

1. Make sure your ScanSnap Evernote edition is configured for WiFi, and has the USB cable disconnected. Sounds like you've already done that.

2. Make sure your ScanSnap and your iPhone/iPad is on the same WiFi network. 

3. Make sure your ScanSnap is running up to date firmware, although technically there's no update required to work with Scannable. 

I've seen one issue, once, where restarting the WiFi router solved the problem. We only saw this happen once in testing, but could be worth a last-ditch try. If this works we'd love to try to solve it so it doesn't ever affect anyone else.

Hi drweidlich, 

Can I ask if there's anything unusual about your network setup? Does the ScanSnap Evernote Edition work correctly for your laptop/desktop machine via WiFi already?

Also, you need to tap the Scan button on your phone/iPad. The green hardware button won't work (this is done for security purposes) when you're connected with Scannable.

└ Keith 

Hi Keith,

thank you for the answer in a Sunday, the connection works perfectly from Scansnap to my Macbook via WiFi.

There are only blue buttons in my scansnap ix 500 which works perfectly with my Macbook.

Scannable does not find the scansnap at all.

Please excuse my bad English, I am German.

Thomas

Ah, so there's the problem. 

Scannable can only currently connect  with the 'ScanSnap Evernote Edition' because it has special Evernote-edition firmware.  That is, this model with the green button: https://www.evernote.com/market/feature/scanner?gclid=CjwKEAiA_s2lBRCe1YPXxtSe-DcSJACCIh3LLw9GgPjwmP-wQA1nWY37Y5mB2Cc6V3vxka_UAxRCgRoCYpjw_wcB

I'm sorry that your ScanSnap ix500 work with Scannable at this time.

Thanks for the suggestions. Still not working for me...

1. Make sure your ScanSnap Evernote edition is configured for WiFi, and has the USB cable disconnected. Sounds like you've already done that.

--> Yes, it is configured for WiFi and the USB cable is disconnected.

2. Make sure your ScanSnap and your iPhone/iPad is on the same WiFi network. 

--> Yep, everything is on the same WiFi network.

3. Make sure your ScanSnap is running up to date firmware, although technically there's no update required to work with Scannable. 

--> I'm running the latest version of ScanSnap Manager Evernote Edition -- 1.0.40 (1002). Does "check for updates" in the manager check for software and firmware updates? If not, I do I confirm the firmware version?

I've seen one issue, once, where restarting the WiFi router solved the problem. We only saw this happen once in testing, but could be worth a last-ditch try. If this works we'd love to try to solve it so it doesn't ever affect anyone else.

--> I am in a office environment with multiple access points on the same network. I restarted the closest access point, without success. Could this network environment be the issue?

(And, just to be clear, unlike the other poster above, I am using the ScanSnap Evernote Edition.)

• 4 months later...

Are there any plans to support the ScanSnap ix500? I purchased this unit before I knew that there was an evernote version.

Also, I have my unit connected to USB and WiFi (to take advantage of the faster transfer of large jobs to my Mac).  Must the unit be connected via WiFi ONLY to work properly?

• 1 month later...

All of a sudden I get this message:  "Program's operating environment is abnormal (0x00000097).  Make sure that ScanSnap Manager is installed correctly."

Do I have to reinstall the ScanSnap Manager (for Evernote).  Will I lose data??

I've had my unit since they came out, a couple years, and not sure what's happened. (ix500 for Evernote).

• 8 months later...

I just bought the scansnap evernote edition and I'm trying to get it setup to my mac desktop.  Nothing will work.  The icon on the bottom of the screen is gray, I've restarted my computer, and unplugged the scansnap.  The light is only green and will not go blue.  There are basically no instructions in the box, and I can't find anything online as to how to get this things to work.  HELP!!!

• 9 months later...

Just purchased a ScanSnap Evernote Edition (green button). It works fine when connected with USB or via WiFi to my Mac. However, when I use Scannable on my iPhone, Scannable never finds the ScanSnap. I followed Klang's instructions... they are both on the same WiFi network, USB cord unplugged, have up-to-date app on my phone and on my computer. Any other/new ideas why the Scannable app on my phone can't find the ScanSnap? 

Thank you.

Archived