New Note Drop-down menu grayed out

I've searched around quite a bit and have not seen this addressed.  I am running Evernote on a new Macbook Pro with Yosemite.  When I click on the drop-down arrow in the "New Note in..." box, the options for other notebooks are grayed out and I can't select them.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Using BETA versions is a double-edged sword.  While it MIGHT fix known bugs, it might also introduce new bugs -- that's why it is beta for high risk taking users to help Evernote find the bugs.

I would NOT recommend updating to a BETA unless you have a severe issue that you know is fixed by the beta.

• Level 5*

...extracted from the link I posted earlier...

"  Improved the reliability of menu items so they don’t become grayed out when they shouldn’t and made the editing infrastructure more robust. "

See if it's fixed,  or don't.  Your choice...

I believe this is an issue with full screen mode. Try exiting full screen and you should have access to the full menu again.

That's right. I had exactly the same issue and it only appears when I enter the full screen mode. Please fix this bug.

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same issue.  I'm on macOS  Sierra Version 10.12.6 
Over a week ago I was able to log in to the desktop app and create and review notes.  As of last week, the desktop app stopped working. The app showed open, but the program does not load.  I can't seem to be able to get this to work no matter what I do. I've deleted the app, reinstalled, restart the computer, you name it I've done it.  I use this tool to keep all my work and personal related notes. It makes it much easier to use the desktop app than having to log through a browser. 

Can anyone lend some information as to what I may need to do to make this work.  Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 1.18.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 1.19.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 1.19.24 PM.png

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, snowbaked said:

I'm having exactly the same as above too.

The advice above was not to use full screen (if you're talking about 'missing' notes...) - did you try that?  There's another similar thread around here somewhere where Evernote say they're looking into this (I think) - will confirm if/ when I find it again...

• Level 5*

Hi.  In which case you're in the wrong place.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  If that doesn't work please start a new thread in this forum for your issue. 

You could also contact Evernote support for (eventually*) some direct help.  They're available on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not.  

* they seem to be pretty busy ATM

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, snowbaked said:

I can't even see any notes...and I don't have a full screen window open. Basically I can't use the app on my MacBook right now.

@enivel and @mlealtoo158,

It sounds like you are both experiencing an issue that our development team is aware of and believe should be fixed in the next beta version (6.13.2 Beta 1). I don't currently have a timeline for when this will be released. In the meantime, to address the issue, you can try the steps outlined below.

Please note that there are different instructions depending on whether you installed Evernote from the Mac App Store (MAS) or downloaded directly from the Evernote website (DDL). You can identify the install you have by going to Evernote > About Evernote.

1. Quit Evernote (Evernote > Quit Evernote)
  2. Open Finder. In the menu bar select Go > Go to Folder
  3. Paste: ~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote (DDL) OR ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/ (MAS)
  4. Delete the file called "signed-in-accounts"
  5. Launch Evernote again

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing. Please post here if the issue persists.

Archived