Tags from old shared notebook won't go away

KWhit

Perusing a topic online recently, I entered a shared notebook. That notebook also had a handful of tags associated with it. So, of course, those tags showed up in my tags list and the notebook showed up in my notebook list.

I subsequently decided I was done with the notebook, and I right-clicked and ended the sharing. Now the notebook is no longer reflected in my Evernote, but the tags are all still there. I don't have the option to delete the additional tags, and they're cluttering my space!

Does anyone know how to delete tags that came in with shared notebooks that I'm no longer involved with?

• Level 5*

Hold down the Ctrl key, and click on the Help menu item in the Evernote main menu. This will expose several "secret" customer support menu items. One of them is "Delete Unused Lined Tags"; select that.

• Level 5*

I'd be a little careful with those items. They're really meant for customer service to recommend in certain known situations, and they may be dangerous in general usage. But yeah, that one's useful for exactly your case (I used it myself pretty recently).

Archived