Put "Insert screenshot" button to menu bar

mwlodarski

Idea

Summary: Please add a "Insert screenshot" button to menu bar so that I do not have to right-click and choose it from the context menu. New users will be happy to find this life-changing tool. Existing users will be happy to save a click.

Evernote is the best tool for writing tutorials with screenshots. I knew it from the moment I discovered how easy it is to insert and annotate images I insert into a note.

I quickly created this workflow

1. Start a new note. Start typing.
  2. When I need to insert a picture...
    1. Make a screenshot with Skitch and save to Evernote. Alternatively, make a screenshot with Evernote helper in the OS X menu bar.
    2. Save the screenshot to Evernote.
    3. Open the new note which contains the screenshot you made.
    4. Copy the image
    5. Paste it to the note you are working on.
  3. Start annotating.

That is 6 (six) steps to insert a picture and start annotating.

Now, it took me a year (one full year) of using Evernote daily to discover the beautiful feature called "Insert screenshot" at the bottom of the context menu. It allows me to start taking a screenshot from the note I am working on. Here's my new workflow:

1. Start a new note. Start typing.
  2. When I need to insert a picture...
    1. Right-click in the place you want your image. Choose "Insert screenshot" from the context menu.
    2. Take the screenshot. It'll show up right in the note.
  3. Start annotating

Now, can you just add the icon to the menu bar? Once it is done, there will be no workflow, just one click :)

1 reply to this idea

Archived