Work Chat: ability to split into topics

Am always pushing people I collaborate with to use Evernote - worst case I keep project info in a notebook and tell them in the I-am-hit-by-a-bus scenario they can find my working notes in that notrebook to keep up and running. Anyway I digress - work chat seems a good push for this but really needs IMO to be able to split into different chat streams. As in two different chats with the same person are not combined as they are two different projects/topics/whatever reason I want them separated.

Also I think a chat search is needed.

Another suggestion would be in the related content links to chats that the note has been included in - with the link ending at the part of the chat they were included.

As it stands Work chat is a nice start but more just chat and less work in my opinion.

S.

I agree with unitseven.

A "Topic" when starting the chat would be beneficial. I collaborate with teams and individuals on many different topics/projects. Right now work chat seems more like texting within EN.

A chat search would also be nice.

I would also like have the option of exporting the work chat into a note for archival once a project and collaboration is complete.

Love the work chat! just could use a little bit to really bring it to life (at least for my use  ;) ).

• 4 weeks later...

We are looking into these features now and should have some of these this year.

I'd like to understand what you need from search.  We currently have search on Mac and I believe within a recent release of Windows desktop and it was in both the mobile platforms at launch.  How is search not working for you now?  How would you like it to work?

Hi unitseven

Another suggestion would be in the related content links to chats that the note has been included in - with the link ending at the part of the chat they were included.

As I understand what you are saying you'd like to have a way to see all the chats that refer to a note.  Is this correct? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi unitseven

As I understand what you are saying you'd like to have a way to see all the chats that refer to a note.  Is this correct? 

Yes. I imagine in the 'context' panel there also to be the chats the note has been included in. Maybe a separate chats tab in context if there were a lot.

My number one vote for work chat by far though would be for chat topics - that is that chats are created as unique threads irrespective of who the participants are. I may have one chat with a workmate around project X and another around project Y and I don't want the noise of these cross pollinating. Until then to be honest they are a bit of a gimmick IMO.

Thanks for taking the feedback on board!

Hi unitseven,

Chats related to notes are shown in the share bar of the note.  See this screenshot. https://www.evernote.com/l/AAweyqr_yXxFIpdZYCi2m99kKQStzt1xmcw

We are looking into the other concepts you also mentioned.  Stay tuned.

Thanks

Thanks mcheng - not sure what the 'share bar' is but had a look and can't find the related chats in Windows or Android clients and your screenshot link doesn't work. Thanks for the effort though.

S.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

M cheng I was wondering if there was a way you can save an attachment from a work chat conversation to an existing note/notebook or will the topic feature address this issue. Once I am done with a conversation and satisfied with the outcome in work chat I am looking to return to everyday Evernote usage. It's tedious at best to have to search through work chats to find attachments.

Hi will219

Yes we experience this ourselves quite a bit.  We are looking at both short term solutions to enable easier ways for you to curate content shared via work chat and longer term solutions to integrate work chat in to the Evernote experience.  We should have some of the shorter term solutions available later this year.  Stay tuned and thanks for the feedback.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived