Custom/manual note sorting

Hi. Welcome to the Forum!

Sorting Notes and Notebooks has been discussed at length many times. There are any number of different ways you could go and what will work best for you is entirely dependent on how your thought process works and what type of notes you use Evernote for. My best advise would be to search the forum using keywords and phrases like:

- organization, organizing notebooks, organizing evernote, etc.

- pre-fixes & prefixes

- tags and tagging (several threads about tags, including one pinned neared the top of this General Section called "The Benefits of Tagging" include a wide variety of examples of both Notebook prefixes and Tagging as an alternative or complimentary way to organize)

- notebooks versus tags (and vise versa)

I would like to have the option to sort notes manually without the need for prefixes. Given the lack of this feature, Im curious about others favorite prefix systems.

• Level 5*

I would like to have the option to sort notes manually without the need for prefixes. Given the lack of this feature, Im curious about others favorite prefix systems.

The only thing I know you can sort manually are reminders, in the Snippet or Card views.  Other than that you have to do something with how you create your note titles.  Manual sorting through the note title becomes a bit untenable when your note count increases without adding tags or notebooks to the method.  FWIW.

Archived