How to off related content/find popup?

Zest

Does disabling the checkbox at Tools | Options | Context | Show Context disable only the popup?

Or, by disabling that checkbox have I disabled Evernote's context feature, altogether?

You can probably see where I'm going here. I like the context feature. I do not like the popup which intermittently and repeatedly reminds me of the context feature.

Thanks.

As far as I know, it just turns it off. Evernote has said elsewhere that they're exploring less obtrusive ways of making Context known to the user.

Wow.

I either put up with a popup that actually obstructs the screen into which I am actually entering notes, or I lose the feature altogether. 

I'm thankful, then, that the pop-up doesn't cover my entire screen, rather than just where my cursor is, whenever I have a note long enough to fill my entire screen.

The solution is simple: Get rid of the popup. If I want to see the messages found by context, I can click on the tool that opens the pane displaying that related context content. Done.

As far as I know, it just turns it off. Evernote has said elsewhere that they're exploring less obtrusive ways of making Context known to the user.

Wow.

I either put up with a popup that actually obstructs the screen into which I am actually entering notes, or I lose the feature altogether. 

I'm thankful, then, that the pop-up doesn't cover my entire screen, rather than just where my cursor is, whenever I have a note long enough to fill my entire screen.

The solution is simple: Get rid of the popup. If I want to see the messages found by context, I can click on the tool that opens the pane displaying that related context content. Done.

There is a bug we discovered that causes the popup to occur _way_ too much. It will be fixed in the next release (along with an option to just turn the popup off, but leave Context enabled).

• 4 weeks later...

But does this truly turn this off? I mean, will Evernote continue scanning my personal notes and linking them to public content services? If so, i'll downgrade to free. The context features is absolutely useless to me. I hate that development resources went to this feature. It's creepy. A real turn off.

Archived