Can tags be shared with a note?

Hi, I'm new to Evernote and I'm following the GTD philosophy of using tags for EVERYTHING with minimal notebooks.  Is there a way to embed the tags within a note when I share the note with a co-worker?  I don't want to give my co-worker access to my notebook, as the notebook contains both personal and work notes, but I do want my co-worker to see the tags I've set.  Thanks for any help.

• Level 5*

AFAIK it's not possible to share a note with tags.  You could (depending on the number of tags!) simply type the same keywords in the body of the note,  or maybe include them in the title.  The only way to share the tags though is to put (or copy) the note into a separate notebook and share that.  If you had separate notebooks for shares to co-workers It would also give you a visual check as to who's got which note(s).

• Level 5*

Partitioning your notes into shareable sets are one of the things that notebooks are made for. Separate your personal and work notes into separate notebooks and you can share in peace. If you need to search the two notebooks together, then put them into a stack.

Tagging everything is not exclusively a GTD philosophy. Neither is it the exclusive way GTD plays out. Tags are a common way to implement *some* GTD aspects. They do a heck of a job. So carry on  ;)

Archived