Installing Evernote for iOS 5

I have an iPad 1 and no intention of bowing to market pressure and buying a new one. I just installed Evernote for the first time on all my devices but can't get an older version for the iPad. If anyone can tell me how to get a working version of Evernote for iOS 5, it'd be most appeciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in exactly the same situation. Many developers leave earlier versions in the App Store and you are given the opportunity to download the latest, most recent compatible version - come on Evernote.

Have you managed to load your 4.x version onto the iPad?

By what I've been reading online it might not be Evernote's fault but the AppStore's who choose not to offer an older version.

And no, I haven't been able to install the old version on my iPad; the only information I've found so far is that it's possible on a jailbroken iPad, but I haven't decided yet if I want to go that far. For now, I can always get to Evernote on my phone...

• Level 5

Hi,

The only version that we allow to be downloaded on iOS < 7.0 is Evernote 5.4.3. I have confirmed that an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1.1 can install version 5.4.3 from the App Store.

If you have "purchased" Evernote previously in iTunes or the App Store, you should be able to go to the App Store on your iPad, go to your Purchased tab, search for Evernote, and tap Install/cloud icon.

Please note that you will not have all the latest Evernote features, functionality, nor bug fixes.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Cific. Although I run Evernote Professional on the Mac and Blackberry I have never downloaded (bought) it from Apples App store for the iPad. I have checked but as expected it does not show up in my downloads history so I am unable to download the compatible copy - bugger!

So far I haven't found a file for iPad and, as I wrote earlier, I'd never used Evernote up to a few weeks ago, so I won't be able to download an earlier version from the AppStore. From what I read the only way to get one the regular way would be if you knew someone who's had Evernote for a while, has a backup on iTunes and let's you use their iTunes login in order to "restore" the older version of the app onto your iPad.

Archived