Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side, possible a bug

Krunoslav

I started experiencing problem when trying to synchronize. This is the message I get. "Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side" I think it started happening when I got message that I have reached maximum number of notebooks, 250 I think. After that I can't sync anymore. I have tried a full and clean reinstallation, deleted all the database and synced everything, it worked fine but then when I tried to create a new notebook I got a message that I have reached the max number of notebooks, so I deleted one of the old ones and created a new one. I think since than I am having issues because I can’t sync anymore. It’s really problematic.

I can’t use Evernote anymore. I am a premium user and I use the latest Evernote for Windows v.5.8.1.6061 (274061) Public. Please help, I think it might be either a bug or maybe there is some kind of workaround solution. I have submitted a support ticket (Ticket# 894669 - Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side) but posting here as well, who knows when they might reply.

• Level 5*

It would seem likely the issue is related to the hard stop of 250 max notebooks.  That's not going away.

Can you consolidate the notes from some of those notebooks into one, using tags to maintain reference to the notes' original notebooks, and then try and sync.  Make sure the web reflects the notebook reorganization.

It would seem likely the issue is related to the hard stop of 250 max notebooks.  That's not going away.

Can you consolidate the notes from some of those notebooks into one, using tags to maintain reference to the notes' original notebooks, and then try and sync.  Make sure the web reflects the notebook reorganization.

I tried deleting one of the notebooks I did not use, so technically I should be on 249 as before the problem. But sync issue is the same with the same message. "Sync failed due to unexpected behavior at client side" It must be a bug of some kind.

• Level 5*

Did you sync after the delete just to be sure you had dropped to 249 on the server?  If so, I'd do a bug report.  In any case it sounds like the 250 is probably going to be a problem for you without some adjustments to your usage.

Its strange. I transferred the notes from the notebooks to another notebook and deleted the old one. This was all done on Desktop version of evernote. I tried to sync and the same error happened. Than I went to web version and search for the same notebook that I deleted but failed to sync appernatly. Than on web version of Evernote the same notebook is still there but it's empty. So it seems that the content of the notebook god synchronized somehow but the notebook itself, which was deleted on desktop version in the web version remains except the content of it has been changed. Weird.

I tried now to delte the notebook from the web but I'm not sure how to sync form the web. Can that be done manually.

• Level 5*

You can only sync from the client, so if you deleted the notebook(s) on the web, I would go back to the client and try to sync again.  You could transfer some of the notes to local notebooks as well to see if that helps.  That and recycle your machine and see if that helps clear up anything.

You can only sync from the client, so if you deleted the notebook(s) on the web, I would go back to the client and try to sync again.  You could transfer some of the notes to local notebooks as well to see if that helps.  That and recycle your machine and see if that helps clear up anything.

That worked. I delted notebook from web and sync from desktop and it worked. so it's got to be a bug than. When it reaches max number of notebooks it fails to sync. Thank you for your support. :)

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  

It may be when you hit max notebooks + 1 that it stops syncing,  But if you count 250 and it is not syncing that would seem to be a bug,  Glad you are back in business in any case.   :)

Yeah, thank you I am so glad it worked. My life is in there. :) I don't know if I could have reached what you sugest, over 250, maybe it's actually 249 the limit, because when I try to create a new notebook it says that I have reached a limit. It has to be a bug.

Evernote is driving me up the wall! In Evernote I see only some resemblance of my lost notes in Penultimate. I consciously did not update, and now you are f***ing with my notes anyway. Can I be the master of my own iPad and my own Apps in the way I want?! Without forcing me into software I don't need and didnt ask for?!

Archived