2 questions/problems

Hello,

This is my first post so I hope this is the right place to ask a couple questions about Evernote. I am kind of a novice user. I use Evernote mostly on my iMac to clip and save information.

1. When I look at Evernote on my iPhone it is telling me I have 80 notes, yet I am not seeing the 3 most recent notes I added, on 12/30/2014. 

2. When I look at Evernote on my computer I see only a half dozen or so notes, including the ones from 12/30/2014.

My first guess is there is some kind of sync problem, and why does my iPhone say there are 80 notes and my computer is way different?

Hopefully someone can tell me what is wrong. It is very possible I am doing something very stupid but I cannot see what it is.

Thanks in advance.

Hector

• Level 5*

It's possible you created more than one account and signed out of the wrong one.  As you appreciate,   all three devices need to use the same login details.  Try logging in with possible alternatives here > https://www.evernote.com/Login.action?targetUrl=%2FHome.action - there's a lost password process if you get the right user name but forgot the rest.  If you get really stuck submit a CS support request by choosing "login/account access issue" in the first dropdown after logging in to this link > https://evernote.com/contact/support/

gazumped - Thanks for the response. You are exactly correct. Somehow I managed to create 2 accounts. If you have any advice as to how I can "merge" the 2 accounts I am all ears. I think I saw an export/import procedure. I will try that. When or if I get the 2 accounts merged, can I completely delete the one I do not want so as to avoid future problems.

Thanks again.

Hector

• Level 5*

The usual approach would be to pick one account that you want to keep, and in the other account, share its notebooks with the "keeper" account. You should be able to move or copy the notes from the account-to-be-discarded to your keeper account (I'd do the copy, myself). Once you've verified that all of your notes are safe and available (check all of your devices and the web client), then you can go ahead and kill off the other account.

Archived