? on why printed notes look different

CatB

I am keeping a basic food log on Evernote and have a note for each day. When I went to print out the day, 2 things are happening that I would like to change:

1) the things that I underlined look fine on the screen but when I print it out, the line is too high and almost looks like it is running through the words I am trying to underline instead of resting beneath it. Again, it looks fine on the screen though.

2) Can you set an option where the "created" and "updated" dates and times do not show when you print out the note?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cass

• Level 5*

Windows client? The underlining problem has been reported before. For the created/updated date question, there should be an Options button on the lower left of your print dialog; click it, and disable any fields that you don't want to see.

Windows client? The underlining problem has been reported before. For the created/updated date question, there should be an Options button on the lower left of your print dialog; click it, and disable any fields that you don't want to see.

Yes, I am on Windows 8. So, because of that, there is no solution to the problem?

Where is print dialog? All I am doing is choosing File>Print when I am viewing the Note from my desktop.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Yes, I am on Windows 8. So, because of that, there is no solution to the problem?
None that I know of.

Where is print dialog? All I am doing is choosing File>Print when I am viewing the Note from my desktop.

Are you using the Touch application, or the standard WIndows desktop application. From the latter, I select File / Print, and I get a dialog that lets me select a printer, page range, number of copies, etc. The Options button is on the lower left-hand corner of that dialog.

None that I know of.

Are you using the Touch application, or the standard WIndows desktop application. From the latter, I select File / Print, and I get a dialog that lets me select a printer, page range, number of copies, etc. The Options button is on the lower left-hand corner of that dialog.

OK, found the Options selection you were referring to, thanks!

Is the underlining an issue with the Touch version? How is hte different than the standard Windows desktop? Looks like I have both.

The only workarounds seem to be
  • Use bold instead of underlines
  • Print from the (old classic) web version,  which seems to have fewer,  or no issues 

Thanks for the reply! I did print from the web version with no issues, so thanks again! Now, on this version, it did also print out the date and time that I last edited the note. How can that be deleted before printing? The "Options" choice that JEFITO mentioned I do not see on the web version.

I wonder why this issue cannot be resolved within the app itself?

To access the classic EN Web,  click the 'settings' cog and choose to return to that version under Account Summary

I accessed the web version just by going onto Evernote.com as I did not see the Settings link that you referred to.

Any idea on how to elimintae the date modified/created on the web version print out? Thanks!

Do you know much about Evernote Touch? I am assuming I would have the same printing error with that as the standard app.

• Level 5*

In Evernote Web:

If you have a largely white page,  check the bottom left corner.  If there's nothing there try hitting the green 'Done' button.

post-63053-0-46751500-1420296045_thumb.j

If the page is much more green than white,  you're already on the 'old' version;  check top right next to your user name for the drop-down arrow to get to settings.

post-63053-0-51014600-1420296031_thumb.j

In your browser:  Check under File in the main menu.  You should have something like Print Options which will affect margins (somewhat) and headers/ footers.

In Evernote Web:

If the page is much more green than white,  you're already on the 'old' version;  check top right next to your user name for the drop-down arrow to get to settings.

attachicon.giftop right.JPG

In your browser:  Check under File in the main menu.  You should have something like Print Options which will affect margins (somewhat) and headers/ footers.

Ok, so I found the Settings under the drop down menu near my name in the upper right corner, but still nothing where I can delete the date that the note was first created that continues to show up...frustrating!

If I could just print from the actual app without underlining being a problem, that would be great! Why is such a simple thing like underlining an issue for this app?????

And now, I tried printing from the app itself and chose to highlight with the brush icon in place of underlining, so it shows yellow on the screen. But, when I print, the yellow does not show!!!! Ugh! First time I have used this app in a long time and such basic things seem to be an issue - frustrating!

Archived